2000's Rush VS 2000's Muse?

Texas King

2000's Rush VS 2000's Muse?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. 2000's Rush VS 2000's Muse?

• Rush(Vapor Trails, Feedback, Snakes & Arrows, Clockwork Angels)
    • Muse(Origin of Symmetry, Absolution, Black Holes and Revelations, The Resistance)

Muse became my third favorite band of all time quickly after I got into Rush. I got into Rush via 2112, Clockwork Angels, and AFTK, following up with the rest of the classics and the earlier 80s records. By the time I'd gotten around to Snakes and Trails, I'd already listened to and loved practically the whole Muse discography. Clockwork may be one of my all time fav Rush records, but given the choice between that and all of Muse that wasn't released in 1999, I have to pick Muse.

EDIT: Oh, no 2nd Law and Drones...I still pick Muse. OoS and The Resistance are too good to lose.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

Muse was around before 2000?

Started in the mid nineties, got their first album out in 1999. Called Showbiz. Great record, but not their best.

Muse far and away Believe it or not. they suck now but i love the run of albums they had. Resistance not so much but still.

Rush....... patchy patchy patchy.

Mick

I think they're still great, but they were less completely cheesily ott back then, lol, so I get it.

• Like 1

The only song from Muse I can say I know for sure is Madness. It's possible I've heard others but just didn't know it was them.

You probably know Uprising:

"They, will. Not. Foooooorce uuss. (Etc.)"

They're one of the most diverse bands since Queen. They put a parody of an actual a Capella Gregorian chant type thing on their Kats album.

The only song from Muse I can say I know for sure is Madness. It's possible I've heard others but just didn't know it was them.

They're one of the most diverse bands since Queen. They put a parody of an actual a Capella Gregorian chant type thing on their Kats album.

Nope.

Just youtubed the song and it doesn't sound the least bit familiar to me.

Nope.

Just youtubed the song and it doesn't sound the least bit familiar to me.

Interesting, cuz even people who haven't heard it before say it sounds just like Blondie's Call Me mashed with the Doctor Who theme. lol.

hm, you may have heard Knights Of Cydonia, Supermassive Black Hole, or Starlight before. One was a really big deal on Guitar Hero, one was in Twilight (still not happy about that), and one was their first actually sizable American hit.

For me Muse narrowly take this time period.

Muse. 2001 - 2006... Symmetry, Absolution, Revelations... these are the 3 Muse albums I enjoy the most, the Revelations show I saw in 2007 was just brilliant..

Rush... Angels I enjoy as much as Revelations, with Trails and Arrows slightly behind Symmetry and Absolution respectively.

I think Muse would be my favourite band of the 2000's overall based on those 3 albums... classics.

• Like 1