If Geddy & Alex make new music together, the band should be called...

JohnnyBlaze

Geddy + Alex = ?   

31 members have voted

1. 1. If Geddy & Alex were to make new music together, the musical act should be called...

• Rush
    • Lee/Lifeson (insert "The" before "Lee" and "Project" or "Experiment" after "Lifeson" if you wish)
    • Geddy Lee & Alex Lifeson (insert "The" before "Lee" and "Project" or "Experiment" after "Lifeson" if you wish)
    • some variation of a Rush tune/album
    • something completely unrelated to their names or Rush but a kind of joke/silly band name
    • something completely unrelated to their names or Rush but a legit attempt at a band name
    • They won't make new music together so it doesn't matter.
    • I believe there's a real chance Peart will return and there will be a new Rush album with all 3.
  2. 2. Which thought is closest to yours?

• I'm POSITIVE Geddy and Alex will make new music together.
    • I'm very confident Geddy and Alex will make new music together.
    • I'm somewhat confident Geddy and Alex will make new music together.
    • I'm not very confident Geddy and Alex will make new music together.
    • I'm POSITIVE Geddy and Alex will NOT make new music together.
    • I can't even begin to guess either way.
    • I'm not sold that Peart is actually retired.

Oh goody. A subject that hasn't been poked, prodded, kicked, mangled and mutilated to death before.

;)

Ah well. Haven't seen it. Surely, nobody's done it this way either.

Or I could make another poll. Signals vs Grace Under Pressure. :P

If it's crap, it'll die as it should.

But hey, if you've got a thread idea, go for it. :hail:

• Like 1

Oh goody. A subject that hasn't been poked, prodded, kicked, mangled and mutilated to death before.

;)

That's true, please no and no. :P

I rarely post threads unless it's reporting news or something since there are just no new thread ideas any more.

Edited by EagleMoon

;)

there are just no new thread ideas any more.

I don't actually believe that. There won't be any new thread ideas if nobody posts anything.

Besides, don't some of the same conversations come up more than once in your real circle of friends? Of course they do.

;)

I don't actually believe that. There won't be any new thread ideas if nobody posts anything.

Besides, don't some of the same conversations come up more than once in your real circle of friends? Of course they do.

Oh sure, but this subject has still been beat to death. Subjects are limited here in the music sense since there is such a varied knowledge base. Threads tend to be very general and basic and I'm thinking I need to go to sleep since it's after 5am here and I'm just running on adrenaline. :LOL:

;)

Oh sure, but this subject has still been beat to death. Subjects are limited here in the music sense since there is such a varied knowledge base. Threads tend to be very general and basic and I'm thinking I need to go to sleep since it's after 5am here and I'm just running on adrenaline. :LOL:

All I can say is that I've never seen this subject posted before...which came as a surprise.

But I tend to go through bursts of avoiding entire forum sections from time to time so it's possible I missed out on all of those threads on this subject during one of those times of avoidance.

OR those threads were around during my 1.5 year TRF hiatus.

In any case, this thread is here now and it's here to die if TRFers want it to do so.

I like the name Willowdale but if Alex's arthritis is as bad as Neil makes it sound why do we expect music from them?

Because Alex loves and needs to play in a way that Neil never really has.

• Like 1

Call it RUSH

Just like Geddy and Alex did when they recorded the first RUSH album and toured as RUSH before even knowing who Neil was ..

That's not a knock on Neil, as he was obviously a big part of the band and their identity for many many years ..

oh, but it's not the same

yeah, it's not the same as it was 30 years ago, or 5 years ago .. Why try to obsess of keeping things "the same" when eventually, "the same" as it relates to music equates to boring