Are You "Down On Your Luck?" Then Take Some Time And Vote For Your Favorite THIN LIZZY Studio Album! I Love My "BAD REPUTATiON" On This Forum!

RUSHHEAD666

"When all is said and done..." THIN LIZZY IS BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN!  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your All Time Favorite Thin Lizzy Studio Album!! Thunder And Lightning Will Strike For Phil!!! REST iN PEACE! A ROCK LEGEND!

• Thunder And Lightning
    • Renegade
    • Chinatown
    • Black Rose: A Rock Legend
    • Bad Reputation
    • Johnny The Fox
    • Jailbreak
    • Fighting
    • Nightlife
    • Vagabonds Of The Western World
    • Shades Of A Blue Orphanage
    • Thin Lizzy

Lol, listening back through Renegade. Earl, how do you feel about Fats?

Hahaha! Love the Fats!!! But guess what??? And I am sadly not drunk!!!!

It's been raining here all day and night!!!! There is THUNDER AND LIGHTNING going on right now! A rare treat in California!!!

I just ran out into the rain and yelled...

"LIKE THUNDER AND LIGHTING GOD DAMN IT'S SO EXCITING... WHEN IT HITS YOU LIKE A HAMMER... GOD DAMN!" I yelled it into the Heavens above for Phil!!!

Sure enough the Heavens answered back!!!

Within one second a saw a lightning flash. Then I counted down waiting for the thunder!!

The thunder roared back under two seconds!!! That means it's very close!!!

I am sure all of you have seen Poltergeist!! EPIC!!!!!

PHIL IS WITH US!

"Thunder And Lighting" is one of the greatest heavy metal albums on the planet.

RICK!

GET IT!

• Like 4

Renegade has caused me to look back over Jailbreak and realize it's better than I thought it was. Great albums, both of 'em.
  • Like 3

Renegade has caused me to look back over Jailbreak and realize it's better than I thought it was. Great albums, both of 'em.

I love Renegade. The title track breaks my heart.

There's not a bad track on this thing. It's all great! The title track and Angel Of Death are mega standouts of course, but it's all just so great! And that artwork! Once I realized there was a sunrise off in the background over some awesome rolling hills it became perfectly epic.

• Like 2

Love Thin Lizzy!

For me it has to be Jailbreak, followed by Johnny the Fox and Black Rose.

THEY RULE!

Listening to NIGHTLIFE NOW!

I am sooo crazy!

I never voted on this poll! LOL!

I can't choose.

Thunder And Lightning or Nightlife.

Bad Reputation.

I love it all.

UGH!!!!!

SNOWY WHITE IS SO UNDERRTATED!

Do you guys have Snowy White's solo records???? Amazing shite.

Snowy White and The White Flames!

I HAVE A RUSHHEAD FULL OF BLUES!!!! LOL!

Fukk I finally voted.

Glad I went with Thunder And Lightning.

WOW!!!

This is surely a cliche Rush Forum!!!

"JAILBREAK" is winning! How popular and obvious.

Might as well vote for "Moving Pictures."

John Sykes and his f***ing ballistic ball rocker shredding did it for me!!

I remember when I was a kid I thought "Thunder And Lightning" was so fucjking heavy that I thought the album came out before "Chinatown" and "Renegade"

"Cold Sweat" sends chills and hot wetness down my spine every time.

I never saw the late great Phil live but I did see Thin Lizzy four times with SYKES!

KICKED MY FUCKKING ASS EVERY TIME!!

Where the hell is Sykes?

Hiding underneath a "ROCK?"

Earl! I finally got another Lizzy record, Bad Reputation!

This thing is killer, might be better than Jailbreak.

• Like 1

I know you're on Earl!

Hahaha!

No my young friend!! YOU ARE "ON" POINT!"

"Bad Reputation" blows "Jailbreak" away!!

I'm not doing much.

Sipping on a beer watching "Halloween."

The greatest movie of all time. :)

• Like 1

Because no one asked...my ranking of the albums:

Black Rose: A Rock Legend

Jailbreak

Fighting

Johnny the Fox

Bad Reputation

Vagabonds of the Western World

Nightlife

Renegade

Chinatown

Thunder and Lightning

Thin Lizzy

Shades of a Blue Orphanage

• Like 4

Got Vagabonds Of The Western World to celebrate my second trip to Ireland. Just listened to it while on a bus from Enniskerry back through Dublin (along with four bonus tracks including Whiskey In The Jar).

Yeah, this thing rocks. I'm very impressed at the originality and playfulness of the ideas, and thrilled with the guitar work and the lyricism (oh and the drumming and bass playing and singing). The melodies and song structures are still developing at this stage, but they're definitely sufficient for my listening pleasure.

Now that I've heard 4 Lizzy records...a ranking

Jailbreak (still #1, even my least favorite track has grown on me a ton)

Bad Reputation (it feels a little stiff in places, but the production is cool and crisp like an Irish spring day, and the songs are all great, some of them excellent)

Vagabonds Of The Western World (loads of imagination and excellent performances, love love love the guitar work)

Renegade (I really enjoy this record, although I really only find myself going back to Angel Of Death and the title track)

What should I get next?

• Like 2

Got Vagabonds Of The Western World to celebrate my second trip to Ireland. Just listened to it while on a bus from Enniskerry back through Dublin (along with four bonus tracks including Whiskey In The Jar).

Yeah, this thing rocks. I'm very impressed at the originality and playfulness of the ideas, and thrilled with the guitar work and the lyricism (oh and the drumming and bass playing and singing). The melodies and song structures are still developing at this stage, but they're definitely sufficient for my listening pleasure.

Now that I've heard 4 Lizzy records...a ranking

Jailbreak (still #1, even my least favorite track has grown on me a ton)

Bad Reputation (it feels a little stiff in places, but the production is cool and crisp like an Irish spring day, and the songs are all great, some of them excellent)

Vagabonds Of The Western World (loads of imagination and excellent performances, love love love the guitar work)

Renegade (I really enjoy this record, although I really only find myself going back to Angel Of Death and the title track)

What should I get next?

Fighting, Bad Reputation, Johnny The Fox... all good albums.

Live And Dangerous is a must!

• Like 2

THIN LIZZY RULES!!!!!!!!!!

So I met a girl and she's an Irish Catholic. "Catholic School Girls Rules." I have the Red Hot Chili Peppers for her! LOL!

Actually, she's 39 and I was talking to her about groups I love that were born from Ireland. Minus UPOO I mean U2 of course, however everything up to "Joshua Tree" is ok with me!!

So she was talking about the Drop Kick Murphys. I liked them. I mentioned Flogging Molly. She knew them.

But then I mentioned how much I love....

THIN LIZZY

RORY GALLAGHER

GARY MOORE

I told her that I want to go to Ireland and place a "Black Rose" at the feet of Phil's gold statue in Dublin.

I told her how much I want to go to Ireland and go to that pub that has the Rory Gallagher bronze guitar statue in the window.

I told her how much I want to go to Belfast and see where Gary Moore lived and also where the Titanic was built.

She instantly sent me a picture of a bar in Ireland called "The Black Rose." I was blow away!!

She is 11 years younger than me and loves Irish ROCK AND ROLL!!!

Holy SHIT!

I will one day go to Ireland and place a Black Rose by Phil's statue.

A very serious goal of mine.

Grey!! You can meet me there! Hell I might even bring my new girl!

If not it doesn't matter. I don't need a woman. She's a bonus in a man's life.

I will go to Ireland alone if need be.

I sure I will meet many wonderful people in Ireland!!

It seriously is my next out of country destination.

THiN LiZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"THE BLACK ROSE! A LEGEND!!!!"

• Like 3

So I met a girl and she's an Irish Catholic. "Catholic School Girls Rules." I have the Red Hot Chili Peppers for her! LOL!

Actually, she's 39 and I was talking to her about groups I love that were born from Ireland. Minus UPOO I mean U2 of course, however everything up to "Joshua Tree" is ok with me!!

So she was talking about the Drop Kick Murphys. I liked them. I mentioned Flogging Molly. She knew them.

THIN LIZZY

RORY GALLAGHER

GARY MOORE

I told her that I want to go to Ireland and place a "Black Rose" at the feet of Phil's gold statue in Dublin.

I told her how much I want to go to Ireland and go to that pub that has the Rory Gallagher bronze guitar statue in the window.

I told her how much I want to go to Belfast and see where Gary Moore lived and also where the Titanic was built.

She instantly sent me a picture of a bar in Ireland called "The Black Rose." I was blow away!!

Holy SHIT!

THiN LiZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great!

So she's from Ireland? Which area?

• Like 1

THIN LIZZY

RORY GALLAGHER

GARY MOORE

Holy SHIT!

Great!

Pat! Her great grandparents are from there. They migrated to New York City. He is a famous bagpiper and opened up a bar called "The Pleasant Hour." That's all I know.

She's 75% Irish.

She lived in Ireland with her parents for a month when she was a kid!

All I know is that her bloodline is southern Ireland. When she was there for a month they could not go north because of all the violence and stuff going on then.

I hope that shit has cooled off Pat. I want to get my ass up to Belfast!!!!!!

This girl loves baseball and can drink beer! She's the first girl I've met that I don't have to babysit thanks to too much booze. She has fire in her soul. Makes me lose control.

"Loss Of Control"

Signed,

REAL VAN HALEN

THIN LIZZY

RORY GALLAGHER

GARY MOORE

Holy SHIT!

Great!

Pat! Her great grandparents are from there. They migrated to New York City. He is a famous bagpiper and opened up a bar called "The Pleasant Hour." That's all I know.

She's 75% Irish.

All I know is that her bloodline is southern Ireland. When she was there for a month they could not go north because of all the violence and stuff going on then.

This girl loves baseball and can drink beer! She's the first girl I've met that I don't have to babysit thanks to too much booze. She has fire in her soul. Makes me lose control.

"Loss Of Control"

Signed,

REAL VAN HALEN

Earl she's American! I'm 4 times more Irish than her and I don't think of myself as Irish even though my dad was born and raised just outside Dublin!

• Like 1

THIN LIZZY

RORY GALLAGHER

GARY MOORE

Holy SHIT!

Great!

She's 75% Irish.

"Loss Of Control"

Signed,

REAL VAN HALEN

Earl she's American! I'm 4 times more Irish than her and I don't think of myself as Irish even though my dad was born and raised just outside Dublin!

No way Pat!!! I didn't know your dad was born outside of Dublin! You are more Irish than her!!

Hell I have no Irish in me mate but I was a ginger in my early age. I even had red lamb chops when I was living in the 90's!!

So then, regardless of my new girl.

Why don't you and Grey and I meet in Ireland. Anyone else on here can meet up with us too! JB?

Fukkk it Pat. Life is short. I am seriously going to Ireland next. I just don't know when.

Did your parents name you Pat for St. Patrick's Day?????

• Like 1