Obscure Rush Songs Battle II: Alien Shore vs Time And Motion vs Peaceable Kingdom

JohnnyBlaze

Obscure Rush Songs Battle II  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these do you like the most?

• Alien Shore
    • Time and Motion
    • Peaceable Kingdom
  2. 2. Which of these thoughts is most similar to yours?

• I like/love all of them.
    • I like/love two of them.
    • I like/love one of them.
    • They're all kind of so so.
    • They're all kind of crap.

Interesting group, Blaze.

None of these are a home run for me (love). Alien Shore wins as a very strong like. Just the stellar production alone gives it that extra punch. T&M is odd in a good way. PK I'm a bit indifferent on...the muddy VT sound doesn't help.

• Like 3

I'm going with Alien Shore for its great bass lines and great hook.

Time and Motion is good, though, and Peaceable Kingdom isn't particularly horrible either.

Pretty much agree. Once you get past the lyrics on a lot of Counterparts there's a fine album there, Alien Shore being the prime example.

None of these are a home run for me (love). Alien Shore wins as a very strong like. Just the stellar production alone gives it that extra punch. T&M is odd in a good way. PK I'm a bit indifferent on...the muddy VT sound doesn't help.

I picked them for two reasons:

1) I like all of them.

2) They aren't bitched about too strongly. I've heard Alien Shore bitched about more often than the other two BUT someone always comes along to defend it.

I was going to pick something off Roll the Bones (instead of finally choosing Peaceable Kingdom) but I couldn't find an obscure song off that which I liked :blaze:

• Like 2

A good selection of tunes.

All three are fine example's of stellar, 90s and beyond, Rush musicianship. Some of the complexity and feel going down here makes 1970s Rush a mere bar band.

It is tight but I choose The Mighty Ocean.

TIME & MOTION ......... over .... ALIEN 'syncopation city' SHORE.

For me Alien Shore is the runaway winner. Its a strong 4 star song (out of a possible 5 stars).

Time & Motion is ok, decent, acceptable. Nothing wrong but nothing special. Give it 3 stars.

Peaceable Kingdom is one of the 2 best songs on the original VT and as such it gets 2 stars along with Ghost Rider. The rest of the album gets 1 star. The Way it Is might, perhaps, possibly, if I am in a very generous mood, rank 2 stars.

The remixed VT is much better than the original. Peaceable Kingdom, The Way It Is & Ghost Rider jump to a 3 star ranking and the rest of the album jumps to a 2 star ranking

• Like 1

Alien Shore is one of Rush's worst lyrical songs on their worst album (lyrically and otherwise). Time and Motion is an ok song on a very good album. Peaceable Kingdom wins in every way.

1) I like all of them.

2) They aren't bitched about too strongly. I've heard Alien Shore bitched about more often than the other two BUT someone always comes along to defend it.

I was going to pick something off Roll the Bones (instead of finally choosing Peaceable Kingdom) but I couldn't find an obscure song off that which I liked :blaze:

Every song on RTB is better than Alien Shore.

1) I like all of them.

Every song on RTB is better than Alien Shore.

That's fine.

I think You Bet Your Life is balls.

It reminds me of Billy Joel's We Didn't Start the Fire crappy lyrics...

Buddy Holly Ben Hur Space Monkey Mafia

Hindu Muslim Catholic Creation Evolutionist

Balls been itchin'

Since the world's been turnin'

The odds get even

I voted just one - Alien Shore. As someone on the autism spectrum with Aspergers, we seem to have a very "interesting" view on movies/lyrics, etc. Alien Shore wins my vote mostly BECAUSE of the lyrics: men and women may be divided by chromosome, but when it comes to similarities such as same languages we speak or want to speak, cultures we find fascinating, etc, men find their way to the Alien Shore (women meaning). Edited by Carvan Alex
  • Like 2