Best of Underrated Rush Songs (Part 2)

Justus_2112

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which song is the best?

• Middletown Dreams
    • The Body Electric
    • Scars

The Body Electric was at one time my favorite Rush song, when I was 14 I suppose it would have been.

Middletown Dreams was at one time one of those tracks I never skipped but never hailed.

Now that's flipped, and I like Middletown Dreams more than The Body Electric.

Scars had some nice ideas musically. The lyrics have a nice sentiment but need to be improved. And the nice musical ideas didn't really work as a whole. I think it should have kept the cool drum ideas but without muting the guitars. More power from Alex was needed.

The Body Electric was at one time my favorite Rush song, when I was 14 I suppose it would have been.

Middletown Dreams was at one time one of those tracks I never skipped but never hailed.

Now that's flipped, and I like Middletown Dreams more than The Body Electric.

Scars had some nice ideas musically. The lyrics have a nice sentiment but need to be improved. And the nice musical ideas didn't really work as a whole. I think it should have kept the cool drum ideas but without muting the guitars. More power from Alex was needed.

This is kinda exactly how I feel about Presto. I love rhe way it sounds but I think they were tired and trying to change direction at the same time. Also Al was still using the Signature guitars and you get that same trebley sound which do not lend themselves well to heavier rock.

Edited by Digital Dad

Middletown Dreams is very enjoyable and gets 4 stars out of a possible 5. Its close to 5 stars - but not there. Scars is very good and it likewise gets 4 stars. Only thing is, its close to being a 3 star song.

Body Electric? No thanks. Its a 2 or perhaps a weak 3 star song.

So Middletown Dreams gets my vote.

1. Middletown Dreams 2. Body Electric 3. Scars

Love the opening bassline in BE, esp. in the live performances. Yeah, the video was cheesy, and the song is not one of their best, but a solid 3.5. MD has become a go-to of mine, especially while I'm doing cardio. The lyrics, the imagery they create and each player's role in the song makes it one of my personal favorites.

The Body Electric is my favorite. The bass part in that song is so much fun to play. I'm a sci-fi nerd so the lyrics appeal to me.
  • Like 1

Most under rated Rush songs

Sorry only pre 1982 as I only have knowledge of that era

In the End (massive brilliant guitar sound that was a sign of things to come from Alex)

Beneath, Between and Behind (Alex riff very influenced by Jimmy Page on "Heartbreaker" on that one)

Here Again (such a great powerful ballad)

Entre Nous (Great melodic track with great guitar)

Making Memories (Super acoustic riff and great slide guitar which Alex does not often do)

Cinderella Man

In The Mood (Just because the riff is so great and funky and Geddy does a great impression of Robert Plant !!!)