The Official Leftovers Thread

JohnnyBlaze

The Leftovers Poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding leftovers, which opinion is closest to yours?

• I eat leftovers because it'd be wasteful to toss food out.
    • Of course I eat them, some food tastes better as leftovers.
    • I'm a poor bastard and eating leftovers stretches my coin a bit further.
    • I'm a lazy bastard and eating leftovers means one less meal to cook.
    • I'm a fat bastard/My family is full of fat bastards so there are never any leftovers.
    • Leftovers are for peasants and I'm a rich bastard.
    • Some dishes just aren't good as leftovers so THOSE get tossed, others I save.
    • I make abstract art sculptures from my leftovers. You should see my "Beef Stroganoff in Spring" sculpture.
    • I don't eat leftovers but others in my house do.
    • I'm eating leftovers right now.
    • I give my leftovers to my pet.
    • I limit my leftovers to the never ending Thanksgiving & Christmas turkey & ham and, of course, pizza.

I've known a few people that never eat leftovers. Their reasons included the taste not being good and it made them feel poor.

On the other end, I've heard some mention that certain dishes taste better as leftovers. I don't think I agree with that but I'm not turning my nose up at leftovers if it smells good...and I'm ravenous.

What's your opinion about leftovers?

What food is good as leftovers? What food isn't?

I never have any leftovers because I always finish everything, every time. :huh:

Damn,

Your so selfish! :P

Well there's only me here!

You do have a phone right? Use it. :whipgirl: :LOL:

What for so I can save some leftovers for somebody? :16ton:

• Like 1

The only bad left over is french fries.

Why?

they get all tough and soggy

I never have this problem you see, like I said I always eat em all up! :d13: The nearest I can think of concerning chips AKA fries is when did eat too much once I had to leave the plate for about half an hour while my gut settled. Then I went right back to it even though it was slightly cold by then. Tasted alright to me! :smoke:

The only bad left over is french fries.

Why?

they get all tough and soggy

Or dried out,

Depends on who made them. And if they are from a restaurant or homemade. Now homemade fried potatoes can last for days. I am the master at making them. Camp fire fried potatoes are heaven on earth! :hail:

Having leftover ( 5 day old ) lasagna. Always tastes better the day after and the day after that... I think it's reached its limit today so the rest gets trashed.

Having leftover ( 5 day old ) lasagna. Always tastes better the day after and the day after that... I think it's reached its limit today so the rest gets trashed.

Oh man, I LOVE lasagna but 5 day old leftovers are too dangerous. Everything I've read over the years states 3-4 days as the max for keeping food...unless you froze the leftovers of course. I never go over 72 hours just to be absolutely safe.

• Like 2

Oh man, I LOVE lasagna but 5 day old leftovers are too dangerous. Everything I've read over the years states 3-4 days as the max for keeping food...unless you froze the leftovers of course. I never go over 72 hours just to be absolutely safe.

Same here,

I am always going through the fridge to make sure that there is nothing that will kill me. :LOL:

My family finished off the lasagna a few hours ago and we're all still standing. I think we're good. Yeah, 5 days is pushing it but since it's mostly cheese ( some meat ) and pasta we all though we're good to go.

Q:

How long does lasagna keep in the refrigerator?

A:

Quick Answer

Home made, cooked lasagna keeps in the refrigerator for three to five days. It is important to cover and refrigerate the lasagna within two hours of cooking it. Lasagna keeps in the freezer for one to two months.

• Like 1

We always put a one week max on leftovers. None of us have died to date. If one of us does crook from eating left overs that have pushed the envelope, I'll update this post.
  • Like 2

We always put a one week max on leftovers. None of us have died to date. If one of us does crook from eating left overs that have pushed the envelope, I'll update this post.

I'm pretty sure I haven't died either but I'm totally sure I've eaten some old food that's given me an upset stomach and/or diarrhea. No leftovers are worth hospitalization, death, or shitting myself. Then again, leftover pot roast might be worth shitting myself.

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure I haven't died either but I'm totally sure I've eaten some old food that's given me an upset stomach and/or diarrhea. No leftovers are worth hospitalization, death, or shitting myself. Then again, leftover pot roast might be worth shitting myself.

Just last night,

I went through the fridge and cleaned house. Made sure it was up to date. :D

• Like 3