Rate the Rush album part II: Grace Under Pressure  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the album P/G

• ★☆☆☆☆
    • ★★☆☆☆
    • ★★★☆☆
    • ★★★★☆
    • ★★★★★

The last great one and the last one I bought. It's stood the test of time in my view. It's not my favorite Rush stylistically but it's still damn excellent... Edited by Narps

Its got one song I would rank as a 5 star song (Distant Early Warning) and 4 songs I would give a 4 star ranking to (Afterimage, Between the Wheels, The Enemy Within & Red Sector A). To be fair, the first 3 are strong 4 star rankings. Red Sector A used to be but it has fallen with me and is now barely a 4 star song - its almost a 3 star song. Still, not a bad song - heck no!!

Unfortunately it also has Kid Gloves, The Body Electric & Red Lenses. Those songs are not anything special (2 or 3 star rankings) and that pulls the album down a bit. Still,the good material is so good that it more then compensates for the weaker songs.

Overall, it's a 4 star album - the good material is that good.

Four Stars

Rush had ditched the kimono's, double-neck guitars: loosened up the vibe and embraced the technology.

You cannot believe how good this record sounded back in 1983.

key tracks:

Distant Early Warning

The Enemy Within

Between The Wheels

• Like 1

3 stars

I hated this album at first, and it stopped me from moving on with my Rush fandom for a few years. I've grown to love Afterimage, TBE, and the Enemy Within, but this is still a weak Rush album. Alas, the next 2 get worse.

Edited by LedRush

Sorry dudes, only 2 stars. I think the production sounds weak. The look, feel, gay inside photo of the three (it looks like a cheezy family portrait). Best song is Red Sector A, Body Electric is OK...the other songs sound like filler...then there's Kid Gloves and Red Lenses, yuk!

It's a dark masterpiece. Some of the songs I don't like as much as others, but as a cohesive work that creates an overall atmosphere I think it succeeds brilliantly. Although I don't listen to it nearly as often as the GUP Live recording, when I'm in the mood for it I find it incredibly satisfying. 4.5 rounded up.