The "cult status" Rush song list...choose the best (your favorite)

rocket ignites

Pick your favorite "cult status" Rush song.  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite?

2. 2. Least favorite?

• Kid Gloves
    • Between The Wheels
    • Available Light
    • The Garden
    • Vital Signs
    • Cut To The Chase
    • Turn The Page

The songs listed I feel carry some "cult status" among Rush fans. This is just one fan's opinion.

It could be a deep track. A song never played live. An overlooked song people connect with emotionally. Maybe an awesome guitar part, etc...

Once again, just my opinion of some songs held in high regard by a segment of the fan base.

Choose your favorite and least favorite. Good luck!

Edited by A rocket that ignites itself

Favorite would be Between the Wheels which beats out Available Light, Turn The Page & The Garden which are all roughly tied.

Least favorite would be Kid Gloves.

Appreciate your thoughts. Yeah, it was harder for me to pick a favorite (and least) from the list than I thought it would be. In general I like all of these songs.

The favorite was easy - Vital Signs - my favorite song from Moving Pictures

Cut To The Chase edged out Turn The Page as least liked

Wow, your favorite off of MP. That is strong.

• Like 1

Kid Gloves is one of my favorite Rush songs, I just said in another poll that I don't get why it isn't liked more.

Between the Wheels has some elements that I really like, but the beginning has always annoyed me. If I'm playing on a format where I can, I skip the beginning.

Available Light has always bored me, although I like it better now than I used to.

• Like 2

Vapor Trail.

It doesn't seem to get the same level of praise, but I'm definitely cult-ish in support of Vapor Trail.

Edited by A rocket that ignites itself
  • Like 1

I love all of these songs, but I think The Garden just ekes out Between the Wheels and Available Light. As for my least favorite, that's not fair, but if I have to pick one it's probably Turn The Page.
  • Like 1

For all the love it gets, I should've included Grand Designs to this list.

I love Grand Designs! Well, except for the ending. I always call it "The Song That Never Ends."

• Like 1

Between the Wheels was, if I'm not mistaken, the first song to achieve radio airplay from p/g, so I'm not sure it's a "cult song".

Vital Signs is the best of those

listed, Available Light the worst. IMO, of course.

Turn the Page is clearly my favourite of these seven songs. It's the only one that I would and do look for independently, the others to me are songs that I mostly listen to as a part of the album. I've grown to love HYF in it's entirety, and Turn the Page is one of the great songs on it. It's a rocker, and the guitar solo is great.