Rate the Rush album part I: Power Windows  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Power Windows

• ★☆☆☆☆
    • ★★☆☆☆
    • ★★★☆☆
    • ★★★★☆
    • ★★★★★

Now I will make surveys about rating of Rush albums from Power Windows backwards to Fly by Night.

I'm not a big fan of the PoW sound, so 3 stars at best from me, though I really dig a track Marathon. I think this album can't hold a candle even to Caress of Steel. But that's just my opinion.

What you say?

4 stars. I like it a lot and it sounds great. But man oh man rating albums is getting old. There's probably a hundred threads on here about it.

4 stars. I like it a lot and it sounds great. But man oh man rating albums is getting old. There's probably a hundred threads on here about it.

It's not like we have R45 to look forward to ;)

It's not like we have R45 to look forward to ;)

Or just R43 which would be this coming year since 2015 was technically R41.

• Like 1

I'll give it 4. It's a good set of very well crafted songs. Its only real flaw in my eyes is the synths being too over-the-top in places. Somebody really should've told Geddy to reign them in. With less obnoxious synths, it could possibly have been a 5 star album.

Very good album. The eighties synth era is all over this album. I love the feel and the stark difference from P/G (My favorite album). I played this cassette in my walkman nonstop for a month when it came out...

3 stars

Edited by Pressure/Hopenosis

IMO Power Windows is one of Rush's strongest albums. It has 4 songs I would give a 5 star ranking to (The Big Money, Mystic Rythems, Marathon & Manhattan Project). It also has 2 songs that have a very strong 4 star ranking, close but not quite 5 stars. The 2 being Grand Designed & Middletown Dreams. In addition Emotion Detector is most likely also a 4 star song. To be honest, its on the border with being a 3 star song. The weak link is Territories - and even that ranks as a 3 star song for me.

Easy 5 star ranking for the album.

• Like 1

Love it! 5 stars from me. Marathon, The Big Money, and Mystic Rhythms are all awesome, catchy songs. Edited by Disk98
  • Like 2