• Star Wars
    • The World of Harry Potter
    • Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
    • Marvel superheroes
    • DC superheroes
    • The Matrix
    • Something else...which I'll state in a post
    • Anime
  2. 2. Which best describes your opinion on the choices above?

• I like/love ALL of it.
    • I like/love most of it.
    • I like/love some.
    • I hate ALL of it.
    • I dislike/hate more than half of what's listed.

Star Trek will forever be the geekiest

The Matrix is the least:

My favorites of the list are: LoTR / Hobbit, books and films alike, and the original Star Wars trilogy. I also really like Spidey.

And your post made me realize something I've forgotten---anime! I'll have to edit the poll!

• Like 1

Anime.

And it's the worst.

Why 90% of the sounds from people's mouths is non-verbal will always confuse me, but it makes watching most anime unbearable. But the fans swear by it like cult members.

Anime.

And it's the worst.

Why 90% of the sounds from people's mouths is non-verbal will always confuse me, but it makes watching most anime unbearable. But the fans swear by it like cult members.

Let me introduce you to my waifu. She's a pillow.

• Like 1

Lord Of The Rings and Harry Potter mean so much to me they feel like...life...memories...things I've experienced.

So...for me at least...full on geekery!

Per capita I would say fans of firefly are the geekiest. One very short season and a movie (which I like both of) and it is still huge in fandom.

Twin Peaks has a huge fan base too and they're bringing that back on Showtime this year.

Anime.

And it's the worst.

Well, there's Pokemon shit and then there's this...

http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/movie/movie_poster/grave-of-the-fireflies-1988/large_bwVhmPpydv8P7mWfrmL3XVw0MV5.jpg

...and a whole lot in between. I don't like more than half of anime stuff but there's too much goodness in that genre to write off. [see also: Miyazaki.]

• Like 2

Anime.

And it's the worst.

http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/movie/movie_poster/grave-of-the-fireflies-1988/large_bwVhmPpydv8P7mWfrmL3XVw0MV5.jpg

...and a whole lot in between. I don't like more than half of anime stuff but there's too much goodness in that genre to write off. [see also: Miyazaki.]

Miyazaki is a genre all his own.

Anime.

And it's the worst.

I've tried a few of the ones that are supposed to be classics and I still didn't like them.

Anime.

And it's the worst.

I've tried a few of the ones that are supposed to be classics and I still didn't like them.

I hear you. The one I was disappointed by was Akira. It was okay but it was built up so much before I saw it.

Grave of the Fireflies though is one of the best anti-war films of all time. 5 stars. A+

• Like 2

Lest we forget Jpop otaku

otaku.jpg

Only talking about movies/shows even if they might've originally come from books/mags.

Jpop otaku boys out here are almost always dateless geeks. Of course. There are cutesy jpop amateur singers (accompanied by a karaoke machine) that perform out on street corners in the city and every single time there's a small horde of geeky otaku boys watching geekily at those girls go through the motions. After they're done performing, they talk to all the otaku boys and amp up their cutie-pieness. Emails are exchanged but you just know nothing ever comes of it. I should take a photo next time.

• Like 1

Anime.

And it's the worst.

Which ones?

Anime.

And it's the worst.

Which ones?

I didn't like Princess Mononoke at all, for starters.