43 members have voted

1. 1. The Black Crowes or Pearl Jam?

• The Black Crowes
    • Pearl Jam

NOOOOOOOOO THIS ONE IS NOT FAIR

But if I must i will go for....

Crowe Jam.

• Like 1

The less I say about what I think about the Black Crowes the better.

Is it coz they are the jelly beans of life's essence? Does you dislike as they diabetically incline you to an avid sadness?

One must appreciate what others doth like.

Basically Black Crowes are bae

• Like 1

The Black Crowes!

To infinity and beyond!

:)

My vote too.

Honestly...never disliked a single PJ album...never...

But...only album I enjoy as much as any BC is Ten so...truth be told...

Lacuna Coil

• Like 1

I've only listened to The Black Crowes a little. Pearl Jam is by far my pick between these two. Sorry Blue J.
  • Like 2

What an odd combo. Two completely different bands.

True, but I don't think 2 bands have to be in the same exact box/realm to present an interesting matchup. They have the 90's angle going for them.

To be fair......i just don't really like southern rock stuff.

So not a fair match, lol

Mick

Me either with the exception of 70's Lynryd Skynyrd. One More From the Road is the only Skynyrd album you need. :smoke:

• Like 2

To be fair......i just don't really like southern rock stuff.

So not a fair match, lol

Mick

Me either with the exception of 70's Lynryd Skynyrd. One More From the Road is the only Skynyrd album you need. :smoke:

i listened to maybe the first 3 BC albums.....i thought......oh.......it's gonna be THAT kind of band.......but i have to stay open. and.......they turned out exactly as i thought. :laughing guy:

so i respectfully pass, lol

i like some Skynyrd.... in the right mood.

Mick

• Like 2

Ten and the even better Vs (aka five against one, which is reminds me of a certain TRF section, understatement) two excellent albums, also love Yield and Binaural.

Something I'll never understand about PJ, they finished 4th in the rock hall fan voting. Their tix are impossible to get around here, among the toughest tix to score via TM, and extremely expensive. Never had such issues w Rush tix, yet they won their fan vote going away. Yeah! Also like the Crowes, saw them with Oasis and SpaceHog on the brotherly love tour. Great show.

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 1

I like John Lennon's metaphor for music as a chair. The blues is a chair you sit on. The Beatles made their own chair.

The Black Crowes sat in a chair. The sound, the attitude, the image. It's not their chair.

Pearl Jam made their own chair.

• Like 5

I like John Lennon's metaphor for music as a chair. The blues is a chair you sit on. The Beatles made their own chair.

The Black Crowes sat in a chair. The sound, the attitude, the image. It's not their chair.

Pearl Jam made their own chair.

that's a perfect analogy for these bands.

Mick

Black Cowes wrote great music. From the heart. Honestly ReRushed great music doesn't have to be innovative to be excellent and Black Crowes are one of the most outstanding bands I have ever come across. Just great song after great song. They made a lasting career and have many fans, and really, in all honesty Pearl Jam are great but they don't exactly have the most consistent discography. Black Crowes do.
  • Like 3

Black Cowes wrote great music. From the heart. Honestly ReRushed great music doesn't have to be innovative to be excellent and Black Crowes are one of the most outstanding bands I have ever come across. Just great song after great song. They made a lasting career and have many fans, and really, in all honesty Pearl Jam are great but they don't exactly have the most consistent discography. Black Crowes do.

i'll agree with you about the innovative part.........i just REALLY liked the analogy rerushed put forward, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

I don't even think Pearl Jam musically belong in a same line with bands Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden and Alice in Chains. Firstly they don't have nothing in common with metal, secondly they don't have nothing in common with punk rock as these other bands have. PJ is a band from the Seattle scene which is musically closest to the 70's American hard rock sound.
  • Like 2

OK. Again, my point isn't to persuade. Like what you like. I just find the Black Crowes to be a very derivative band. That doesn't necessarily mean I think they are a bad band. In fact, it's the contrary. I'll go so far as to say the Black Crowes are very good at what they do. I just find it very unoriginal. As for consistency, I'll leave that to one's own judgement and opinion. And I'll put Pearl Jam's discography up against anyone's.

• Like 1

OK. Again, my point isn't to persuade. Like what you like. I just find the Black Crowes to be a very derivative band. That doesn't necessarily mean I think they are a bad band. In fact, it's the contrary. I'll go so far as to say the Black Crowes are very good at what they do. I just find it very unoriginal. As for consistency, I'll leave that to one's own judgement and opinion. And I'll put Pearl Jam's discography up against anyone's.

I do think that the crowes were an homage to 70s Rock but that's also where rush started so I can't fault them for it. The real question is how did that guy end up married to kate Hudson? That's the info I need.

• Like 1