All The Dead Celebrities: A Thought

LedRush

Old people die.

It's been happening since the beginning of time.

WE notice it more because people post news articles constantly, and repost and repost. There is a secret game that is happening where people want to be the 1st to tell 'Their friends'

A sort of sick, 'Hey look at me I knew 1st, na na na na nahh'

Do you really think back in 1993 people would be concerned if Zsa Zsa Gabor and Debbie Reynolds died?

Who would they tell? Their buddy in the cubicle next door?

The fact it is on a news feed, on your phone, seems to make it more important than it is

One day soon someone from this forum will be awake at 3 am clutching a knife in the dark all alone...

Will Neil write some lyrics about this??

Middletown Dreams 2

Office door closed early...

hidden knife came out

JohnnyBlaze turned to close the blinds,

and stabbed Earl at 3am

It might be more likely to be Lucas who stabs Johnny Blaze! :16ton:

No !!

Don't confuse glow sticks with a knife !!!

Yeah, you're more likely to try to strangle me with a pair of j-pop idol member's soiled Hello Kitty panties that you bought online.

Don't do it Lucas! I'll cut you! :blaze:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute

You can buy stuff like that ?!?!?!

:LOL:

Old people die.

WE notice it more because people post news articles constantly, and repost and repost. There is a secret game that is happening where people want to be the 1st to tell 'Their friends'

Do you really think back in 1993 people would be concerned if Zsa Zsa Gabor and Debbie Reynolds died?

The fact it is on a news feed, on your phone, seems to make it more important than it is

One day soon someone from this forum will be awake at 3 am clutching a knife in the dark all alone...

Middletown Dreams 2

hidden knife came out

and stabbed Earl at 3am

No !!

Yeah, you're more likely to try to strangle me with a pair of j-pop idol member's soiled Hello Kitty panties that you bought online.

Hentai capital of the universe despite what most think about Bangkok

Old people die.

Middletown Dreams 2

hidden knife came out

and stabbed Earl at 3am

No !!

Hentai capital of the universe despite what most think about Bangkok

.. so it wasn't the bus groping that lured you there ??

TRYING to steer it back on topic...

In 2009 when Michael Jackson passed away, I do remember some other big names that same year: Farrah Fawcett, David Carradine, Walter Kronkite, David Carradine, Ricardo Montalban...surely there were more. Has social media made it more of an exclamation point in 2016? The use of it surely has been more pronounced compared to 2009 anyway.

In 2009 when Michael Jackson passed away, I do remember some other big names that same year: Farrah Fawcett, David Carradine, Walter Kronkite, David Carradine, Ricardo Montalban...surely there were more. Has social media made it more of an exclamation point in 2016? The use of it surely has been more pronounced compared to 2009 anyway.

I think the current awareness of deaths is magnified by pop culture icons and rock artists getting to a certain age .. and like LedRush said in his opening post, so many of the entertainers in the rock field did not lead particularly healthy lives ..

In entertainers, we have commodities that, usually at some point in their careers, are under enormous stress and pressures to generate profits .. Priorities can become so reversed, and either by their own hand or self serving doctors, they use whatever drugs they can to sustain this unnatural existence ..

Plastic surgery, hair dye, implants, body modification - all this shit is so unnatural, and it is going to take it's toll

• Like 1

Carradine was so badass it took death two tries to pull him down.

• Like 2

My biggest point is that because we make more celebrities every year, we'll have more celebrity deaths most years than the year before.

My biggest point is that because we make more celebrities every year, we'll have more celebrity deaths most years than the year before.

I see what you're saying. However, the ones who passed away this year were famous before the internet even existed. Same with 2009. We'll probably have to wait a while before current, hated celebrities and tv "personalities" kick the bucket

Old people die.

Middletown Dreams 2

hidden knife came out

and stabbed Earl at 3am

:rfl:

• Like 2

Old people die.

Middletown Dreams 2

hidden knife came out

and stabbed Earl at 3am

No !!

This is insanely funny. :rfl: :laughing guy:

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 2

I see what you're saying. However, the ones who passed away this year were famous before the internet even existed. Same with 2009. We'll probably have to wait a while before current, hated celebrities and tv "personalities" kick the bucket

It's not an internet or social media issue, it's what we as a society have chosen, even before the internet.

It's not an internet or social media issue, it's what we as a society have chosen, even before the internet.

I understand that too but at this point you can't separate the Internet from the popularity of some celebrities. We are after all discussing this on the Internet itself. Even in the other thread some TRFers have already mentioned social media playing a factor in what we mourn, how we mourn, and the degree to which we mourn. If we mourn at all. Hell, NOT mourning would be one natural reaction to the (over)abundance of comments we might see.

Surely internet has made people closer to admired artists. There's a lot of interesting information around, news spread fast and some of them are more accessible.

It's easier to contact. But I believe some privacy is still necessary.

Most of celebrities stay away from a certain technology level.

They are people like us and want to remain where they are; how they are.

Edited by rhyv

Some of them are really talented. But it also depends on how they got there and why.

Have no idea about a number of talented people to specify, but represent some popularization of many artistical manifestations.

It's clear their recognition is someway important but I hate gossip and tabloids.

I respect their death. It happens.

A lot times is sad because their contribution in this world will be limited. We'll no longer have new music, drawings, attitudes or else from these people.

It does seem exponentially and mathematically out of balance for sure, but I suspect that as the years pass and we all get older this kind of thing will be more common than not. Twenty five years ago someone in our periphery occasionally died from an overdose or unfairly and prematurely from disease or tragic accident...and even the oldest rockers were still in their fifties, largely tap dancing around mortality. Now many of those blokes are on the downhill to 80 and the guys in Metallica are getting closer to their McDonalds senior coffee discount. 2017 or 2018 may not mathematically prove to be worse, but we're definitely going to veer in the direction of that being more normal than it ever used to be, so be ready....
  • Like 1

I think a lot of it has to do with social media. We are just aware of things so much more quickly now. Immediate gratification in a sense. Plus the people we grew up with are getting old too.
  • Like 2