All The Dead Celebrities: A Thought

LedRush

People keep saying how bad a year this was for celebrity deaths, how the year has been horrible, how they can't wait for 2017.

Well, since the advent of movies and the popularization of TV, we've seen a huge increase in the number of celebrities. People who would have been unknown are considered stars, and minor successes are considered superstars with the right dating partner or PR team.

We'll keep on getting years with more celebrity deaths than the year before merely because we make so many more each year. Unfortunately, that means that almost every year we should get the same type of hand wringing as we've gotten this year with similar proclamations of it being the worst ever.

Anyway, just a thought...

• Like 6

Didn't I start a thread a bit like this already. Or was it just a dream I had... :smoke:

Maybe the dream had you?

AT LAST 73 talks up Vapor Trails!

I've always liked VT! :yes:

Yeah but you're not talking it up enough!

:moon:

:madra:

:smoke:

Old people die.

It's been happening since the beginning of time.

WE notice it more because people post news articles constantly, and repost and repost. There is a secret game that is happening where people want to be the 1st to tell 'Their friends'

A sort of sick, 'Hey look at me I knew 1st, na na na na nahh'

Do you really think back in 1993 people would be concerned if Zsa Zsa Gabor and Debbie Reynolds died?

Who would they tell? Their buddy in the cubicle next door?

The fact it is on a news feed, on your phone, seems to make it more important than it is

• Like 3

Old people die.

WE notice it more because people post news articles constantly, and repost and repost. There is a secret game that is happening where people want to be the 1st to tell 'Their friends'

Do you really think back in 1993 people would be concerned if Zsa Zsa Gabor and Debbie Reynolds died?

The fact it is on a news feed, on your phone, seems to make it more important than it is

One day soon someone from this forum will be awake at 3 am clutching a knife in the dark all alone...

• Like 2

Old people die.

One day soon someone from this forum will be awake at 3 am clutching a knife in the dark all alone...

Will Neil write some lyrics about this??

Middletown Dreams 2

Office door closed early...

hidden knife came out

JohnnyBlaze turned to close the blinds,

and stabbed Earl at 3am

• Like 2

Old people die.

Middletown Dreams 2

hidden knife came out

and stabbed Earl at 3am

It might be more likely to be Lucas who stabs Johnny Blaze! :16ton:

• Like 1

Interesting thoughts OP. I didn't really think of it like that but a lot of the people who died this year were already well established stars years before the boom in cable TV creating more well known celebrities. Years down the road we will have to worry about those who are becoming famous now leaving us but not today.

I'm more on the side of what Union said about a lot of them being baby boomers who are all getting older at the same time. Combine that with any drugs/alcohol abuse and the crazy life style a rock star or a well known actor may have, then you get people in their late 60s or early 70s who pay the price for that/get sick with something and pass away.

Yeah, it's not gonna be much better next year. There's still a bunch of well known people who are getting up there in age that will leave us in 2017 unfortunately.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Old people die.

Middletown Dreams 2

hidden knife came out

and stabbed Earl at 3am

No !!

Don't confuse glow sticks with a knife !!!

• Like 1

Old people die.

Middletown Dreams 2

hidden knife came out

and stabbed Earl at 3am

No !!

Yeah, you're more likely to try to strangle me with a pair of j-pop idol member's soiled Hello Kitty panties that you bought online.

Don't do it Lucas! I'll cut you! :blaze:

• Like 2

Old people die.

Middletown Dreams 2

hidden knife came out

and stabbed Earl at 3am

No !!

Yeah, you're more likely to try to strangle me with a pair of j-pop idol member's soiled Hello Kitty panties that you bought online.

Don't do it Lucas! I'll cut you! :blaze:

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

Old people die.

Middletown Dreams 2

hidden knife came out

and stabbed Earl at 3am

The bedroom door closed slowly

The twelve inch dildo came out

Dis Spirit turned to close the blinds

A little slow now, a little stout

:P

To comment on the op's thought...

Yeah that's all true. But I can't remember another year in which the number of high profile entertainer deaths was this high, social media or not.

• Like 1

Old people die.

Middletown Dreams 2

hidden knife came out

and stabbed Earl at 3am

The bedroom door closed slowly

The twelve inch dildo came out

Dis Spirit turned to close the blinds

A little slow now, a little stout

:P

:16ton: