There has never been a Star Wars geek who ever tried to hide that they're one. Most are very upfront about it. All you have to do is say "Star Wars" and they're off and won't shut up about it for a very long time. I know this because I am one.
I'm not sure if I'm a Star Wars geek or not.
1) They've got a 5-3 track record with me (hate the prequels).
2) I can't name most of the side characters like Jimmy Smits as Leia's (adopted) dad and that grey looking midget that's Lando's co-pilot. I didn't even know Peter Cushing's character's name until I saw Rogue One.
3) Despite seeing Episode IV and all the originals many times in the 70s and especially 80s, I just discovered what Mos Eisley is only because I saw it again last night.
4) Boba Fett is pretty cool looking but he isn't THAT cool of a character. Really, he didn't do too much besides stand around. The one time he does see action was for ONE scene in Jedi. Waste.
5) I don't give a shit if Han fired first vs Greedo.
6) I'd cook and eat an Ewok if I could. They were only made for the toys and those toys sucked. I know, I had that grey Ewok leader figure when I was a kid. I didn't and still don't know his name either.
7) I owned some of the figures in the late 70s and early 80s but never wanted any of the other toys like the speeder, tie fighter, etc.