Carrie Fisher Dead at 60

ReRushed

My thoughts are with Debbie Reynolds. How absolutely awful it must be for anyone to outlast their own daughter :( Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 7

My thoughts are with Debbie Reynolds. How absolutely awful it must be for anyone to outlast there own daughter :(

She posted the other day that Carrie was in stable condition. All I could see in my mind was her sitting by the hospital bed holding her daughters hand.

• Like 2

Am in tears right now...! :rose:

Why?

I certainly would not have wished death upon her, but I never knew her personally.....

What a stupid question. Is she not allowed to cry just because she never knew her personally? I have cried when famous people I like have past away.

• Like 2

Why?

I certainly would not have wished death upon her, but I never knew her personally.....

What a stupid question. Is she not allowed to cry just because she never knew her personally? I have cried when famous people I like have past away.

As usual, when you don't agree with something you call it stupid.

To me it seems odd that you would cry at the death of someone you didn't know.....I remember the grief and mass hysteria over here when Princess Diana died , and just found it bizarre....

You know nothing really about the famous person, they have invested nothing emotionally in you, and it just can't compare with the death of a friend or a loved one.

Why?

As usual, when you don't agree with something you call it stupid.

To me it seems odd that you would cry at the death of someone you didn't know.....I remember the grief and mass hysteria over here when Princess Diana died , and just found it bizarre....

You know nothing really about the famous person, they have invested nothing emotionally in you, and it just can't compare with the death of a friend or a loved one.

It's called compassion. She's been a big part of some peoples lives whether through her movies, or TV or social media.

• Like 3

Why?

Because people touch our lives in many ways outside of knowing them personally, including through song, film, their art in general, etc. Not sure why this is unfathomable to some.

It need not be reciprocated to feel genuine compassion.

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 4

Star Wars helped emotionally lift and inspire an entire generation and their children. I'm not a Star Wars fan, I simply like the movies, but my brother-in-law absolutely loves Star Wars. He shares his love of Star Wars with his son and it's very touching to witness. Carrie Fisher contributed to that type of bonding and reaction. That's why so many have empathy and compassion for Carrie Fisher's passing. Crying is understandable.
  • Like 2