Jackie with Natalie Portman

Ancient Ways

So I watched a clip of the upcoming biopic of Jackie Kennedy Onassis and when I heard Natalie's accent I was like wtf is this weird nonsense. I then found a clip of jackie speaking on YouTube and I'll be damned if Natalie didn't nail it. If you plan on seeing it I suggest looking up info on the transatlantic/midatlantic accent so you aren't preoccupied during the movie with the speaking voice.

Agreed guys, that's why my initial reaction was puzzled. I was completely ignorant of this completely invented accent but th story behind it is fascinating. The Wikipedia on it is well done. I love it when I find out something has been literally in front of me for decades and I was ignorant of what it was. Discovery.

Portman is too much of a midget for this role. What was Jackie about 5'8? And Portman is about 4'11?? She has those midget arms as well like a mini T-Rex! :16ton:

Apparently, she's 5'3/160cm. Bite size. Perfect.

Apparently, Duck likes his women built like James Arness

Portman is too much of a midget for this role. What was Jackie about 5'8? And Portman is about 4'11?? She has those midget arms as well like a mini T-Rex! :16ton:

Apparently, she's 5'3/160cm. Bite size. Perfect.

Apparently, Duck likes his women built like James Arness

I don't think I saw much of that guy. I never watched Gunsmoke.