Ted Nugent or Billy Squier?

Texas King

Ted Nugent or Billy Squier?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Ted Nugent or Billy Squier?

• Ted Nugent
    • Billy Squier

This is a no brainer for me - Uncle Ted

Politics and verbosity aside, I loved him in the 70s and he is a one-of-a-kind performer in the history of rock

Billy Squire never did anything for me - dull as dishwater

Yes.

Great White Buffalo, Stranglehold, Hibernation, Snakeskin Cowboys, Motor City Madhouse, Hammerdown, Free For All, Dog Eat Dog, Stormtroopin', Smokescreen...what has Squier got to bring to the top table?

• Like 6

Uncle Ted. Not even close. My older sister saw Nugent in a Windsor, ONT club when the Amboy Dukes burst on the scene. From the first notes of " Baby Please Don't Go" it was on, and I was a fan. Politics, Schmolitics, the man plays like a beast, and started in a most unconventional way, utilizing a Gibson Byrdland, a guitar more attuned to backing up a jazz band. The Nuge rules!
  • Like 2

How is this even close?

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Ted%20Nugent%202013%20Pine%20Knob%202Aug/IMG_4108_zps8e0a3036.jpg

Probably the hatred of Ted is too great for those on the fence or those that don't care about either... so they vote for the one that annoys them less. I've seen this happen recently somewhere.

This is a no brainer for me - Uncle Ted

Politics and verbosity aside, I loved him in the 70s and he is a one-of-a-kind performer in the history of rock

Billy Squire never did anything for me - dull as dishwater

Yes.

Great White Buffalo, Stranglehold, Hibernation, Snakeskin Cowboys, Motor City Madhouse, Hammerdown, Free For All, Dog Eat Dog, Stormtroopin', Smokescreen...what has Squier got to bring to the top table?

Pretty much the entire In the Dark album. His debut album is excellent too.

• Like 1