Spider-Man: Homecoming (trailer)

JohnnyBlaze

Too much Spider-Man. It could end up being a fun movie, but this trailer does not excite me at all. It's got to be better than the last three Spider-Man movies. Right?

Right. Currently, Spidey flicks have 2-3 record with me.

Bad = Spidey 3 > Crap > Amazing Spidey 1 > Amazing Spidey 2

Not sure if it's "too much Spider-Man" though. It'll be the 6th Spidey flick in fifteen years compared to 6 Middle Earth movies in thirteen years and 8 Harry Potter films in ten.

I still think they should abandon Spider Man altogether and get Watchmen back on track.

It's impossible to properly do Watchmen in 2 or 3 hours. You couldn't even really do it in 3 parts. Watchmen would need to be a mini-series with no limitations on graphic violence or sexual content.

I feel that so much of the movie was so right and so wrong at the same time. I still like it but I understand most of the criticism it gets.

Too much Spider-Man. It could end up being a fun movie, but this trailer does not excite me at all. It's got to be better than the last three Spider-Man movies. Right?

Not sure if it's "too much Spider-Man" though. It'll be the 6th Spidey flick in fifteen years compared to 6 Middle Earth movies in thirteen years and 8 Harry Potter films in ten.

I still think they should abandon Spider Man altogether and get Watchmen back on track.

It's impossible to properly do Watchmen in 2 or 3 hours. You couldn't even really do it in 3 parts. Watchmen would need to be a mini-series with no limitations on graphic violence or sexual content.

I feel that so much of the movie was so right and so wrong at the same time. I still like it but I understand most of the criticism it gets.

Best way to do it would be to have a 12 part Netflix miniseries complete with the articles at the end of each chapter. That way there would be no constraint on episode length.

Edited by USB Connector
  • Like 1

Best way to do it would be to have a 12 part Netflix miniseries complete with the articles at the end of each chapter. That way there would be no constraint on episode length.

Netflix was exactly what I was thinking. 12 episodes makes perfect sense

I agree with all this.

I just wish to be honest that Marvel would stop trying to keep things so vanilla. I'm not saying they don't have great action or get feisty but...I always feel that if I go back to the old cartoons or even the strip storyline's, the films nearly always come back boring.

I'm not even that familiar with the comics but whenever I touch upon them I find tonnes of ideas and stories that seem cooler.

In many ways, even though I don't find them flawless, I still think The Dark Knight trilogy remains the best overall franchise in the superhero world.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrzXIaTt99U&sns=em

I trust the MCU and I liked that kid as Spidey in Cap 3 but this trailer is lacking. :blaze:

Is this piece of shit film made for TV?

It's embarrassing what Marvel, I mean now Disney has done to these once wonderful comic book characters.

The only one who deserves every penny is STAN LEE!!! AN ETERNAL GENIUS!!!!

HOLLYWOOD SUCKS MY ASS!

• Like 1

Middle Earth and Harry Potter aren't fair comparisons as they had the plots entirely thought out in another medium. In that sense they belong to an entirely different category to Marvel or even Star Trek/Wars. They are adaptations of established literature.

With Spider Man its just very haphazard. No long term thought seems to have been put into the story arcs of the first two franchises at all.

I was only comparing the number of films because the comment "too many films" was made.

I blame Sony for all the Spidey screw ups. I also blame Fox for all the X-Men screw ups. The MCU flicks haven't had any screw ups even remotely close because it's Marvel people making Marvel movies and not non-Marvel people making Marvel movies.

There were two many Hobbit movies but the argument can't be made for HP or LOTR. They stuck true to the source material and the number is justified.

What I don't get about Spiderman though is why was 3 ever allowed to happen? Also why are these movies rarely close to the source material?

The answer to your second question is connected to my previous comment. Sony and Fox aren't Marvel people and are clueless as to the characters and the deeper stories that define those characters.

What's weird to me is how off some of the characters in Guardians of the Galaxy are so off YET some are near perfect copies from the comic. The movie worked well though probably because it was still under the guidance and plans of Marvel people, unlike the X-Men and previous Spidey films.

OMG!!!!! I'm going to Disneyland to break in the New Year to ride on the Tower Of Tower before they shut it down for good on January 2nd and put in a stupid ass Guardians Of The Galaxy Ride!! How pathetic!!! Thanks Disneyland!!!! On the verge of ruining Star Wars and now Marvel.

It's a disgrace to get rid of that Twilight Zone ride! RIP ROD SERLING! RIP MARVEL COMICS!!!

I just signed to be Spider-Man in Spider-Man: the retirement years.

In this film.

Spidey now confined to a walker, battles the evil Dr. Brylcreem who is getting clients the smoothest hair possible

• Like 2

The Peter Parker from the 90's animated series clearly looks based on Nicholas Hammond. They both have that same 70's haircut

5e31d2ba5459db02df61afb18ab0ac12.jpg

By the way...it's about time the Nicholas Hammond series got a DVD release. If even the Reb Brown Cap movies do, and the Peter Hooten Doctor Strange, then why not Spidey?

• Like 1

The Peter Parker from the 90's animated series clearly looks based on Nicholas Hammond. They both have that same 70's haircut

By the way...it's about time the Nicholas Hammond series got a DVD release. If even the Reb Brown Cap movies do, and the Peter Hooten Doctor Strange, then why not Spidey?

There had been a plan to have a Spidey/Hulk crossover TV movie but obviously it never happened. This was discussed after the Hulk show had already been cancelled. Instead, we ended up with (in the mid-late 80s) Hulk + that buffoonish Thor then Hulk + Daredevil in black.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

There had been a plan to have a Spidey/Hulk crossover TV movie but obviously it never happened. This was discussed after the Hulk show had already been cancelled. Instead, we ended up with (in the mid-late 80s) Hulk + that buffoonish Thor then Hulk + Daredevil in black.

I actually really like The Trial of the Incredible Hulk, with Hulk + Daredevil. It also helps that seeing this as a kid was my first introduction to the character of DD. The courtroom Hulkout it classic and one of the best (and features what must be one of the first Stan Lee cameos) and they even have Hulk in his comic-book purple pants.

The only thing that lets it down for me is that it was obviously intended as a back-door pilot for a DD TV series, which never happened, so the plot with the Kingpin ends on something of a "to be continued"....which was never continued.

• Like 1

I actually really like The Trial of the Incredible Hulk, with Hulk + Daredevil. It also helps that seeing this as a kid was my first introduction to the character of DD. The courtroom Hulkout it classic and one of the best (and features what must be one of the first Stan Lee cameos) and they even have Hulk in his comic-book purple pants.

The only thing that lets it down for me is that it was obviously intended as a back-door pilot for a DD TV series, which never happened, so the plot with the Kingpin ends on something of a "to be continued"....which was never continued.

Yup, that's all correct :yes:

By the time "Trial Of.." was on tv, I was already a senior in high school I think. So, I was drooling over DD being in a Hulk TV movie. I wanted more DD/Hulk interaction because there really wasn't, but it was better than the Thor one and the one that followed, "Death of the Incredible Hulk."

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

I watched the "Spider-Man: Homecoming" official trailer before I saw the movie in theatres.

Storm, if that off topic question wasn't a joke of trying to be funny, I haven't needed to test any bot account, and I'm not a robot. A question was asked in a thread, and I decided to answer it. I'm a person, who does answer questions, gives my own thoughts, and opinions, and on, and in forums, keeps things on topic on, and in threads, too.