• Sixteen Candles
    • Breakfast Club
    • Weird Science
    • Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    • Planes, Trains and Automobiles
    • She's Having a Baby
    • Uncle Buck
    • Curly Sue
  2. 2. Which John Hughes character do you most relate to?

• Sweet 16 Sam Baker
    • Farmer Ted
    • Criminal John Bender
    • Allison the basket case
    • Weird Scientists Gary & Wyatt
    • Ferris Bueller
    • Cameron Frye
    • Neal who just wants to get back home to Chicago
    • Bacon as Jake made bacon
    • Uncle Buck
    • I don't relate to any listed here. But all the Curly Sue characters sucked, I'll say that much.

When I think of National Lampoon's Vacation, Some Kind of Wonderful, Great Outdoors, and Home Alone, I think of John Hughes. But I'm not counting those in the poll since they weren't directed by him.

I'm sure many of us have seen everything on that poll list. And there's plenty of good stuff on there.

So, what's your top pick?

Here's mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUUojMsc9Ns&sns=em

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 3

I went with Weird Science for both. I'd like to pick the Curly Sue option, but I never saw it. Maybe I should watch it just for this poll's sake? Nah.

14% off 14 reviews on RottenTomatoes. I've seen much worse but it's just a kind of a non-eventful, overly sentimental movie that relies too much on a cute kid. I'm sure the success of Home Alone a year earlier had something to do with it. I'd give it a "D" and not an "F" just because I didn't hate it.

When Ferris Bueller came out, it was as if they had made a movie about me and my high school friend. I actually called the vice-principal one time and pretended to be my dad so we could miss school and go hunting. And we got away with it too.
  • Like 1

When Ferris Bueller came out, it was as if they had made a movie about me and my high school friend. I actually called the vice-principal one time and pretended to be my dad so we could miss school and go hunting. And we got away with it too.

Were you all pissed off when your sister got a new Fiero, and got a new computer? :unsure: Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 1

The Breakfast Club

the film’s honest depiction of its five teenage characters touched a nerve in young viewers eager to see their real lives represented onscreen. Poignant and funny, “The Breakfast Club” is Hughes at his most deeply humane.

• Like 3