Limelight Cover

Symmetre

Treated myself to a new American Deluxe Stratocaster, with the N3 noiseless single coils. Brought her home, plugged directly into a Mesa Boogie Mark V : 25 with two 1x12 cabinets (one open back, one closed) and thought, what better way to break it in than to take a stab at Limelight, playing along with the CD? Here's the result.

Nice sound to the guitar, I have to say. I shanked one note in the solo when I didn't quite fret the string bang-on (too busy admiring the sound of those pickups) but otherwise I think it sounds pretty good.

Your thoughts?

Limelight cover.

Edited by Symmetre
  • Like 2

You had me at Mesa Boogie. I own a Mark V 1x12 combo. What mode were you using? I know the V:25 takes it down to two channels, three modes each. I can't remember if they included the Crunch from the original V, or not.

Regardless, your tone was amazing, and congrats on your new Strat!

Thanks, all, appreciate the kind comments. Guitar is plugged straight into the amp, channel 2 on the Mk. II C setting, set at 25W, with a bit of EQ and reverb for colour. Gain at 10 o'clock, treble at 1, mids at 12, bass at 11, presence at 1. I'm playing with the PU selector set between the bridge and mid pickups, so you get both, bridge tone at 7 and neck tone at 5. To me it sounds a little thin when played just on the bridge PU, adding the middle one gives it a nice fatness that really comes through in the solo (if you don't screw it up LOL!) without getting muddy. Guitar volume at 7.

I'm really stoked about the way this guitar sounds. These N3 single coils are just unbelievable. I haven't even played around much with the pickup phase options, but I'm looking forward to playing with it more once my fingers recover! LOL !!

Thank you again for the kind comments.

• Like 1