Rush tracks clash: Witch Hunt vs Subdivisions?

Texas King

Rush tracks clash: Witch Hunt vs Subdivisions?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Rush tracks clash: Witch Hunt vs Subdivisions?

• Witch Hunt
    • Subdivisions

Subdivisions is a gem of a track,whilst Witch Hunt is a good track! Subdivisions gets the nod then!
  • Like 1

Subdivisions is the first Rush song I knew the lyrics to by heart. Witch Hunt was my favorite song off Moving Pictures for a brief time in the late 80's, because the subject matter and the attack on the ignorance and fear that leads people to ban ideas and thoughts. It resonated strongly with me. But over time I feel like I'd like the song to have been constructed with a faster part included to break the building tension.

Edit: Subdivisions gets my nod.

Edited by Mosher

Witch Hunt because I'm "that" person and prefer lesser known tracks over the hits lmao. Plus, the lyrics are so much more thought-provoking in Witch Hunt than in Subdivisions, although, Subdivisions has some quite nice meaningful lyrics.

But if we gotta choose between synth songs, I'd choose The Enemy Within XD, or Red Lenses. That instrumental in the middle? Ooooooo :P

I will echo the thoughts of many here. Witch Hunt is a good, strong, solid song. But against the mighty Subdivisions?? Not even close. IMO Subdivisions is Rush's 2nd best song. The only Rush song I prefer is 2112. Witch Hunt?? Like I said , it's good, interesting & enjoyable. But not a top 20 Rush song. Probably not even top 30.

Subdivisions easily.