With 41 posts to 26,000 I give you Tom Seaver!

Tick

121a2e3a050cb7eb39f79d7790e74708.jpg

One of the most prolific right hand pitchers in the history of baseball!

Worship at the shrine of Tom Terrific!

• Like 4

Seaver and Jerry Koosman were the first two pitchers I bonded with as a kid when I started following baseball.

Me too!

• Like 1

Pirates vs. Mets was always a good game back in the early 70's , greatly due to him! I had a lot of fun listening to those games on summer nights.

:D

Thank you Troutman! Saw this while ago but it will be fun to watch again! Dock Ellis was such a good pitcher, but what a wacky guy. Probably safe to say that Tom Seaver never pitched while on LSD . . .

• Like 1

Pirates vs. Mets was always a good game back in the early 70's , greatly due to him! I had a lot of fun listening to those games on summer nights.

Thank you Troutman! Saw this while ago but it will be fun to watch again! Dock Ellis was such a good pitcher, but what a wacky guy. Probably safe to say that Tom Seaver never pitched while on LSD . . .

And that's one of the craziest sports stories I've ever heard. Didn't he throw a no-hitter while on LSD?
  • Like 2

And that's one of the craziest sports stories I've ever heard. Didn't he throw a no-hitter while on LSD?

Found this article.

http://www.avclub.com/article/45-years-ago-today-dock-ellis-pitched-no-hitter-wh-220797

Edited by troutman
  • Like 2

Found this article.

http://www.avclub.co...itter-wh-220797

Gracias!
  • Like 1

I remember the days he had with the Redlegs. The Big Red Machine!!!!

tom-seaver.jpg

Tom Terrific looked good in red!

No he didn't! That was my first experience with a favorite player being traded. I was just a kid and didn't even know players could be traded, so when I saw on the news that Seaver was traded and saw him in a Reds uniform I was heartbroken. :(

• Like 2

I remember the days he had with the Redlegs. The Big Red Machine!!!!

tom-seaver.jpg

Tom Terrific looked good in red!

No he didn't! That was my first experience with a favorite player being traded. I was just a kid and didn't even know players could be traded, so when I saw on the news that Seaver was traded and saw him in a Reds uniform I was heartbroken. :(

Yeah,

I know that feeling. When Jack Tatum of the Raiders was traded to Houston.