2016-2017 Ski Season is Open

I know Goose has a season pass and I'm sure others do as well.

The resort I have a pass to (Snowbasin) opened yesterday. So I will be up there, later on today to enjoy about twenty inches of natural snow mixed in with 10 inches of the manmade stuff.

I love to ski so I'm pretty excited.

https://www.snowbasin.com/the-mountain/web-cams/

• Like 4

Enjoy!

The ground is getting hard here from the relative cold...it might be snowing here on Sunday.

But Ohio is definitely not skiing country. :(

• Like 1

The resort I have a pass to (Snowbasin) opened yesterday. So I will be up there, later on today to enjoy about twenty inches of natural snow mixed in with 10 inches of the manmade stuff.

https://www.snowbasi...ntain/web-cams/

I love Powder Mtn. Been there 5 years in a row.

We're open here at Tahoe! There is enough coverage to ski, but you don't want to stray of the groomers.

Heavenly and Northstar have tremendous snow-making capacity, so they've been able to build pretty well on the natural. Other resorts have to be a little more patient.

• Like 1

Really? Powder Mtn. is mostly a locals place. That's cool that you go there. They have a lot of terrain and it usually has some decent snow. I lost ILS one time there and I was worried.

I grew up skiing there. Have you been to any other resorts?

Really? Powder Mtn. is mostly a locals place. That's cool that you go there. They have a lot of terrain and it usually has some decent snow. I lost ILS one time there and I was worried.

I grew up skiing there. Have you been to any other resorts?

We stay at Moose Hollow Condos and ski/ride both Pow Mow and Snowbasin. I no longer enjoy the mega resorts like Park City, Vail, etc.

We really enjoy the vibe at Powder Mtn.

• Like 1

We skied Waterville Valley yesterday. Around 4 degrees all day. No idea what the wind chill was, and it was windy as hell. A couple times at the end I lost feeling in my fingertips until I curled them up in a ball in my mitten. Glad I did it, but not sure I'd go out in those conditions again.
  • Like 1

Tahoe got another two feet of snow last night and today. I had plans to travel to SoCal Monday, but the roads in every direction are a mess. Looks like it's going to be a week of powder skiing instead!

:D-13:

P>S> Season total snowfall at Heavenly Valley = 574". That's over 47ft!

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Tahoe got another two feet of snow last night and today. I had plans to travel to SoCal Monday, but the roads in every direction are a mess. Looks like it's going to be a week of powder skiing instead!

:D-13:

P>S> Season total snowfall at Heavenly Valley = 574". That's over 47ft!

A woman was telling me how glorious it is to ski out west. Yesterday my skis sounded like skates, carving up the sheets of ice that covered the trails.