Plane crashes with Brazilian soccer team

Rod in Toronto

This is all over the news here, and the whole country is VERY sad about it - local team Chapecoense was travelling to Colombia for the first match of the finals of the Copa Sudamericana against Atletico Nacional, but the plane crashed on the way, leaving 75 dead, including the team, managers, flight crew and several TV presenters. Only a few players and a stewardess survived.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/world/americas/plane-carrying-brazilian-soccer-team-crashes-in-colombia.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

It's always a horrible kind of news. Here in Italy we had a similar aircrash involving Turin in 1949 (they had just won their fifth league title in a row!) and in Europe Manchester United suffered almost the same fate in 1958 but in that case I think there were some survivors.
  • Like 1

Sad stuff SUCKS.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Crying%20banana.gif

It's always a horrible kind of news. Here in Italy we had a similar aircrash involving Turin in 1949 (they had just won their fifth league title in a row!) and in Europe Manchester United suffered almost the same fate in 1958 but in that case I think there were some survivors.

Those two accidents have been mentioned in the media coverage over here. Really sad.

• Like 1

How awful. My heart goes out to all their friends and families, and the survivors.

Such a terrible tragedy.

• Like 2

This is so sad. I heard it on the BBC this morning. There was something similar here in 1970; the Marshall University football team and supporters were returning from a game and their plane crashed, killing all 75 people aboard. How tragic for Brazil and the players' families and friends. :rose: :rose:
  • Like 1

This is so sad. I heard it on the BBC this morning. There was something similar here in 1970; the Marshall University football team and supporters were returning from a game and their plane crashed, killing all 75 people aboard. How tragic for Brazil and the players' families and friends. :rose: :rose:

I thought about the Marshall football team, too. I didn't know how many other people knew about that.

I thought about the Marshall football team, too. I didn't know how many other people knew about that.

I was pretty young but I remember because my mom being very upset; I think it was because a friend of hers had a child attending there; thankfully not on the plane. Both of these are so sad.

http://imguol.com/c/esporte/63/2016/11/29/garoto-lamenta-o-acidente-com-o-time-da-chapecoense-em-homenagem-na-arena-conda-em-chapeco-1480440429678_615x300.png

:(

:rose:

• Like 1

How awful. My heart goes out to all their friends and families, and the survivors.

Such a terrible tragedy.

-- Now, lots of people are taking personal profit of this situation and "saying what they want to say" about, which hurts more and more their feelings.

I wish most authorities to stay quiet while others are suffering and try to help on something because now it's done and gone.

There's no way to avoid the past and they should have thought about *Before* the accident.

No one knows what really happened yet.

My heart went out to everyone who belonged this situation, alive or not. :rose: :hug2: :rose: