Rush album you identify with the most

Carvan Alex

What Rush album do you identify with the most? Meaning, as far as lyrics regarding your situations, feelings of the moment, your story, etc. The one I identify with the most is "Clockwork Angels". I want to travel and see the world, learn new things, be non-conformist from old beliefs (BU2B). I've also learned not to hold grudges against people for bad things they did to me (Wish them Well, even though that song is trashed by fans here), as well as reflection in hoping one day I tell my future children about journey. What about you?
  • Like 5

What Rush album do you identify with the most? Meaning, as far as lyrics regarding your situations, feelings of the moment, your story, etc. The one I identify with the most is "Clockwork Angels". I want to travel and see the world, learn new things, be non-conformist from old beliefs (BU2B). I've also learned not to hold grudges against people for bad things they did to me (Wish them Well, even though that song is trashed by fans here), as well as reflection in hoping one day I tell my future children about journey. What about you?

I love Wish Them Well

• Like 5

I feel a silent scream begin inside

Things that I once dreamed of

Have become reality

Just one more who's searching for

A world that ought to be

Sometimes I'm butt naked, sometimes I'm not

I thought you'd be a Signals boy JB!

Have become reality

A world that ought to be

I considered it. It was the first ever concert I saw after all. And it was the first new Rush album that I was drooling over. [Moving Pictures being the album that made me the big fan]. Signals though seems like the loner & misfit mind at work. I might've been a misfit but I wasn't really a loner. Think "Mikey" from Goonies and I think it's reasonably accurate to how I was at age 12.

Have become reality

A world that ought to be

I considered it. It was the first ever concert I saw after all. And it was the first new Rush album that I was drooling over. [Moving Pictures being the album that made me the big fan]. Signals though seems like the loner & misfit mind at work. I might've been a misfit but I wasn't really a loner. Think "Mikey" from Goonies and I think it's reasonably accurate to how I was at age 12.

That was the first RUSH gig for me too. They got to the UK in Spring 1983 on that tour, my gig was in Birmingham, Sabbath and Priest country!

Have become reality

A world that ought to be

That was the first RUSH gig for me too. They got to the UK in Spring 1983 on that tour, my gig was in Birmingham, Sabbath and Priest country!

Mine was late winter/early spring '83 in Jax, FL. I probably saw them a couple of months before you. I was 10 though.

Should look that up for the exact dates on both.

Have become reality

A world that ought to be

Mine was late winter/early spring '83 in Jax, FL. I probably saw them a couple of months before you. I was 10 though.

I can't remember if mine was the first of the NEC gigs or the second. It was May anyway.

Have become reality

A world that ought to be

I can't remember if mine was the first of the NEC gigs or the second. It was May anyway.

Yours was one of these: May 14th, 15th, or 22nd in '83. 3 concerts in Birmingham with 4 London gigs between the 2nd and 3rd Birmingham gigs. Weird.

Mine was March 16, 1983.

Have become reality

A world that ought to be

Yours was one of these: May 14th, 15th, or 22nd in '83. 3 concerts in Birmingham with 4 London gigs between the 2nd and 3rd Birmingham gigs. Weird.

Mine was March 16, 1983.

There was no supporting act for my gig but you had Jon Butcher Axis, how did you like that lot?

Have become reality

A world that ought to be

Mine was March 16, 1983.

There was no supporting act for my gig but you had Jon Butcher Axis, how did you like that lot?

I remember Jon Butcher Axis. He had one song that I knew and wasn't bad actually. It didn't matter because people still threw frisbees at the stage.

I've told you this before but during SoR (opening tune), some idiot on the floor [General Admission days] was stabbing people with a knife. A few had minor injuries and security took him away. Rush didn't know about it until after the show.

• Like 1

Have become reality

A world that ought to be

Mine was March 16, 1983.

I remember Jon Butcher Axis. He had one song that I knew and wasn't bad actually. It didn't matter because people still threw frisbees at the stage.

I've told you this before but during SoR (opening tune), some idiot on the floor [General Admission days] was stabbing people with a knife. A few had minor injuries and security took him away. Rush didn't know about it until after the show.

Who was the nut??