Who is the most annoying rock star?

treeduck

It used to be Bono and Bob Geldof and they're still up there but I think now it's the pop-star-trying-to-do-jazz-man himself STING. What an arse. Every quote I've ever heard from this guy has annoyed me a little bit more. The latest ones have pushed him over the edge into the number 1 spot as the most annoying rock star currently out there.

Here are his latest comments:

The ex-Police frontman, whose estimated wealth stands at £200 million, claimed he had to move to America because of jealousy back home.

'I'm more comfortable here [in New York]. I think I'm divisive in England', he said in an interview.

The 65-year-old, the son of a milkman and a hairdresser from Wallsend, North Tyneside, has lived in New York for decades.

He claimed he was more accepted in American society than in Britain because people could not handle the fact he has climbed up the social ladder.

'I don't really belong to a class any more, so it's better to be in a society like this, which is a little freer,' he said.

Sting and his wife, the American film producer Trudie Styler, 62, do not seem to have had any problems adapting to their elevated social status.

Their British properties include a 17th-century manor house and 300-acre estate in Wiltshire worth £8 million.

Their household management style was laid bare at an employment tribunal in 2007 when their chef, Jane Martin, told how the couple 'destroyed her world' by making her redundant after she became pregnant.

Ms Martin was paid £28,000 a year to manage the couple's entertainment budget — preparing impressive meals for their friends, who include Madonna and Sir Elton John.

On one occasion, the chef travelled from Wiltshire to London to cook a bowl of pasta for Sting and Trudie's children.

Two years ago, Sting made it clear his children would have to earn their own way and should not expect to benefit from his riches.

He said he expected his three sons and three daughters to work, and added there would not be a great deal left to inherit anyway.

'I told them there won't be much money left because we are spending it!' said Sting, who still has more than 100 people on his payroll.

'We have a lot of commitments. What comes in, we spend, and there isn't much left.'

Give me a break "Sting" in another era you'd be the court jester who lived in a shed at the bottom of a field, if that! :joker:

• Like 4

A few things:

(1) This should've been a poll. Change it to a poll duck!

(2) Sting always has seemed like a dick.

(3) Though I can understand that he'd want his kids to make it on their own steam and not sponge off his success, you'd figure he'd leave SOME kind of trust fund for them. Not something that'd make them Paris Hilton type bitches but a little something that'd keep them from ever reaching skid row. Ah well. They're the parents.

(4) If "annoying rock star" includes the R&B and hip hop genre, then the options multiply by a thousand.

• Like 4

A few things:

(3) Though I can understand that he'd want his kids to make it on their own steam and not sponge off his success, you'd figure he'd leave SOME kind of trust fund for them. Not something that'd make them Paris Hilton type bitches but a little something that'd keep them from ever reaching skid row. Ah well. They're the parents.

(4) If "annoying rock star" includes the R&B and hip hop genre, then the options multiply by a thousand.

Well I need a few more options to make it a poll.

A few things:

Well I need a few more options to make it a poll.

There are all kinds of annoying f***ers out there. I might not choose Axl but he was my first thought. Gene Simmons definitely wouldn't be chosen by me but some definitely would. How about Metallica Lars? He's hated. Mike Portnoy? Some on here would fork over a couple of bucks to kick him in the ass. Then there's David Lee Roth...though I guess he's more embarrassing than annoying. And then there are all the TRF member choices. :hail:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/11/27/16/3ACAFD3000000578-3976106-image-m-8_1480264954578.jpg

There's the annoying bastard in Tokyo! Even that black sweater/shawl thang looks annoying!

He looks like an old fool trying to be cool.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/11/27/16/3ACAFD3000000578-3976106-image-m-8_1480264954578.jpg

There's the annoying bastard in Tokyo! Even that black sweater/shawl thang looks annoying!

He looks like an old fool trying to be cool.

Well, he IS an old fool trying to be cool. So he's successful there too!

• Like 1

Sting is a musical shaman!

Or musical she-male.

I get those confused.

Coincidentally just watched a doc about the Police's reunion tour. Sting appears to be extremely uninterested in being a team player, as well as someone who should be slapped immediately. Andy Summers should buy a ladder and kick Sting in the nuts.

• Like 1

Lars Ulrich annoys me to no end and is a mediocre drummer to boot. Sting is right up there with him, however- like anyone wanted to hear about his hours long sex or whatever that was? :givebeer: I enjoy the Police and Metallica a lot anyway, though, go figure.
  • Like 6

Glenn Frey......rip.....was a douche and a half.

Mick

This is a good choice. Watching the eagles doc it became obvious that he lorded over everyone else and don followed along for the most part.

• Like 1

It's James Hetfield ...dude delayed an album for a year because he had to attend therapy daily AND filmed it.

He also tries to play up the 'I'm just one of you guys onstage but literally hides from his own fans like a recluse offstage'

He controls Metallica's recording schedule and all concert dates have to get HIS final approval.

• Like 3

It used to be Bono and Bob Geldof and they're still up there but I think now it's the pop-star-trying-to-do-jazz-man himself STING. What an arse. Every quote I've ever heard from this guy has annoyed me a little bit more. The latest ones have pushed him over the edge into the number 1 spot as the most annoying rock star currently out there.

Here are his latest comments:

The ex-Police frontman, whose estimated wealth stands at £200 million, claimed he had to move to America because of jealousy back home.

'I'm more comfortable here [in New York]. I think I'm divisive in England', he said in an interview.

The 65-year-old, the son of a milkman and a hairdresser from Wallsend, North Tyneside, has lived in New York for decades.

He claimed he was more accepted in American society than in Britain because people could not handle the fact he has climbed up the social ladder.

'I don't really belong to a class any more, so it's better to be in a society like this, which is a little freer,' he said.

Sting and his wife, the American film producer Trudie Styler, 62, do not seem to have had any problems adapting to their elevated social status.

Their British properties include a 17th-century manor house and 300-acre estate in Wiltshire worth £8 million.

Their household management style was laid bare at an employment tribunal in 2007 when their chef, Jane Martin, told how the couple 'destroyed her world' by making her redundant after she became pregnant.

Ms Martin was paid £28,000 a year to manage the couple's entertainment budget — preparing impressive meals for their friends, who include Madonna and Sir Elton John.

On one occasion, the chef travelled from Wiltshire to London to cook a bowl of pasta for Sting and Trudie's children.

Two years ago, Sting made it clear his children would have to earn their own way and should not expect to benefit from his riches.

He said he expected his three sons and three daughters to work, and added there would not be a great deal left to inherit anyway.

'I told them there won't be much money left because we are spending it!' said Sting, who still has more than 100 people on his payroll.

'We have a lot of commitments. What comes in, we spend, and there isn't much left.'

Give me a break "Sting" in another era you'd be the court jester who lived in a shed at the bottom of a field, if that! :joker:

What a tosser

• Like 1

It's James Hetfield ...dude delayed an album for a year because he had to attend therapy daily AND filmed it.

He also tries to play up the 'I'm just one of you guys onstage but literally hides from his own fans like a recluse offstage'

He controls Metallica's recording schedule and all concert dates have to get HIS final approval.

Well I think he's handled things well. He knows his limits but still produces the goods so...no big deal.