Le Studio at Morin Heights

bytored

Hello all. Been a very long time since posting but I wanted to share this because I think it is important to Rush history and wanted to make this aware to as many folks as possible. I was really not sure as to where to post this so forgive me if its not in the correct forum.

Le Studio was a place where 9 Rush albums were recorded and as you may know was in a dilapidated state over the last few years. There are a few youtube vids floating around. Anyhow a fellow by the name of Richard Baxter is on a journey to rebuild this famous studio and turn it into a working studio/museum again, I think its for a good cause.

Check out this FB page.

https://www.facebook...dlestudio/?rc=p

here is a pic of me with a Le studio license plate

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/bytored/ronLesstudio1.jpg

Edited by bytored

Good luck, but it's going to cost a lot of money to buy the property and then fix it up. It looks to be in very rough shape.

Cool shirts though:

https://www.gofundme.com/lestudiomorinheigh

Richard Baxter could probably sell off his '115 piece drum kit' and buy the damn thing himself! :P

• Like 2

Hello all. Been a very long time since posting but I wanted to share this because I think it is important to Rush history and wanted to make this aware to as many folks as possible. I was really not sure as to where to post this so forgive me if its not in the correct forum.

Le Studio was a place where 9 Rush albums were recorded and as you may know was in a dilapidated state over the last few years. There are a few youtube vids floating around. Anyhow a fellow by the name of Richard Baxter is on a journey to rebuild this famous studio and turn it into a working studio/museum again, I think its for a good cause.

Check out this FB page.

https://www.facebook...dlestudio/?rc=p

here is a pic of me with a Le studio license plate

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/bytored/ronLesstudio1.jpg

Nice license plates!

Edited by blueschica

Richard Baxter is a known scammer over on Facebook and has been banned from multiple groups for taking people's money. Don't spread that filth here.
  • Like 6

Richard Baxter is a known scammer over on Facebook and has been banned from multiple groups for taking people's money. Don't spread that filth here.

Hunh. Interesting!

He's certainly gotten a lot of mileage (kilometerage up here in Canada) out of that Dio picture and their supposed 'friendship'.

Apparently back in the day he was convinced that he was Tony Iommi's son. Maybe he still is?

Anyone with a '115 piece' drum kit has to be a little crazy!

I'm surprised he's not on TRF.

ps: By some strange twist of fate, I have his drum solo cd. It's far from compelling.

• Like 3

Dont know about any of that

Don't know about that stuff but its not like I donated money for the hell of it, that would just be stupid, period! I got some cool Le Studio merch.

Don't know about that stuff but its not like I donated money for the hell of it, that would just be stupid, period! I got some cool Le Studio merch.

He's been selling stolen pieces of the studio, getting people to donate money to him to rebuild something he doesn't even own. He sends nasty messages to people who question him. He's the lowest of the low. He's a scammer. Plain and simple.

• Like 1

He's been selling stolen pieces of the studio, getting people to donate money to him to rebuild something he doesn't even own. He sends nasty messages to people who question him. He's the lowest of the low. He's a scammer. Plain and simple.

I vaguely remember this coming up once before in another section on a Le Studio thread.

Don't you think the 'merchandise' might be overpriced because of the studio's need for cash?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Groucho%20banana.gif

I vaguely remember this coming up once before in another section on a Le Studio thread.

Right. It did.

I don't think anyone is telling you what to do with your money. What I'm reading is "why pimp this BS here when the person involved is questionable?" A point I happen to agree with. The musicians who've recorded there have enough money between them to save the place. If they want to that's their business.

• Like 4

Mr. Richard Baxter do not hold any rights of using the legendary logo to use or sell merchandise with it. The story behind the logo is only and I said only the one who worked or recorded there was getting a T-Shirt it wa like a private club or a Tattoo. So now back to Baxter he is using pieces of Le Studio that are stolen and also had a chat with the guy face to face and he told he has bought lot of equipements for his home studio and he doesnt have any cash for the studio. He is a scammer and right now we are with private investor to revamp Le Studio, but we do not ask any money just good vibes thats all.
  • Like 3

As much as want to chime in here, I promised everyone I would not flood the forum with Le Studio comments anymore LOL. Im a man of my word.. So I wont.. My friends here would kill me..

Its agonizing... Damn... aww cmon......

Chime away dude! That was post number 1 from a new TRF member. Welcome to TRF Blacsheep!

Edited by Mr. JD
  • Like 1