GENESIS VS. YES! GENEYES? From Genesis To Revelation To Heaven & Earth! Calling All Stations!

RUSHHEAD666

Genesis Vs. Yes! "I'm Feeling Shipwrecked" on "Tales From Topographic Oceans!"   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which Progressive Rock Band Do You Love The Most?? No Ties! American Football And Futbol Suck! Ties?

• HELL YES!! GENESIS!!!
    • YES!!! NO TO GENESIS!

Yes is a grade or two above Genesis.

No way! Howe doesn't even know how to lay down a structured guitar solo. He is all over the place. Hackett blows him the fukk away.

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "structured guitar solo".

I've seen Howe play live many times. In ASIA he was spot on.

I saw him in YES when KANSAS opened. STYX headlined.

His guitar playing was off. Totally out in left field.

On the record, sure he's a Legend. Melodic with his own style and tone but man.....

I just love typing shite to start a conversation.

I've seen Hackett a few times too.

Steve Hackett blows Steve Howe away! HACKETT TO PIECES!!!

LOVE

GTR

I've seen and heard of Howe bombing plenty of times, but only post-Jon

• Like 1

No way! Howe doesn't even know how to lay down a structured guitar solo. He is all over the place. Hackett blows him the fukk away.

I've seen Howe play live many times. In ASIA he was spot on.

I saw him in YES when KANSAS opened. STYX headlined.

His guitar playing was off. Totally out in left field.

On the record, sure he's a Legend. Melodic with his own style and tone but man.....

I've seen Hackett a few times too.

Steve Hackett blows Steve Howe away! HACKETT TO PIECES!!!

LOVE

GTR

I've seen and heard of Howe bombing plenty of times, but only post-Jon

"YES" my friend!!

Then we agree!!!!

You mean creating DRAMA ?!?!

No two Genesis albums are remotely alike, even in their classic period, and they have a lot of albums. That's a lot of variety and awesomeness (with some well-known cheese) in a career. Yes's classics are all great, but all share too much of the same sonic palette. Plus Yes's 80s output pales in comparison to Genesis'. Mama vs. Owner Of A Lonely Heart? Mama, no contest. I find Genesis much more interesting, with often more meaningful lyrics and more palpable emotions and thrills. Yes are awesome, but too predictable.

Also, Supper's Ready is the greatest thing either band ever recorded.

• Like 5

No two Genesis albums are remotely alike, even in their classic period, and they have a lot of albums. That's a lot of variety and awesomeness (with some well-known cheese) in a career. Yes's classics are all great, but all share too much of the same sonic palette. Plus Yes's 80s output pales in comparison to Genesis'. Mama vs. Owner Of A Lonely Heart? Mama, no contest. I find Genesis much more interesting, with often more meaningful lyrics and more palpable emotions and thrills. Yes are awesome, but too predictable.

This.

• Like 2

This.

EPIC!!!

• Like 3

Steve Hackett is OK ... But he's never, ever comes close to anything like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNUedapF-bo

In all fairness, Horizons is on par with Howe's own acoustic pieces. The difference is that Horizons is the only Hackett acoustic piece that I know of, while Howe has about a dozen or two released.

http://youtu.be/RgomUxgwE8Y

Steve Hackett is OK ... But he's never, ever comes close to anything like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNUedapF-bo

I will say Clap is probably my favorite acoustic guitar piece from the very few that I know of, which is part of what makes The Yes Album my fav Yes album, but one great acoustic piece does not a better band make.

This.

EPIC!!!

Lol, ty Earl, and folks