treeduck

Deep Purple release short trailer for 2017 album Infinite

The English rock group have announced the title of their 2017 album Infinite, which is set to be released in the early spring. Below is a 30-second teaser trailer revealing the album title and brief footage from the recording studio.

Current members who are writing and recording the new music consist of Ian Paice (drums), who is the only member who has continuously been with the band since its inception, Ian Gillan (vocals), Roger Glover (bass), and Steve Morse (guitar).

Singer Ian Gillan commented to Antihero magazine about their songwriting process, "Deep Purple was different than any other kind of writing I do with other people. Deep Purple is primarily an instrumental band, and the routine is we book [time] in a studio somewhere, and the [other] guys [in the band] come in at noon. They start jamming and they work 'till six o'clock, take a break at three for a cup of tea and then do that every day."

The band entered the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame earlier this year, after having been eligible for two decades. Deep Purple's first three lineups were inducted, including drummer Ian Paice, Ritchie Blackmore, late keyboardist Jon Lord, and the various singers and bassists over the years - Rod Evans, Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, David Coverdale and Glenn Hughes.

• Like 5

Still haven't listened to Now What?!

Now What? is a killer album, you best be checking it out!!!!!!!!

I haven't listened to any of the non-Lord albums, so I'd have to start with Bananas since I've always been a chronological listener of this band.

Still haven't listened to Now What?!

Now What? is a killer album, you best be checking it out!!!!!!!!

I haven't listened to any of the non-Lord albums, so I'd have to start with Bananas since I've always been a chronological listener of this band.

They're good albums. Lord's replacement is Don Airey who was in Colosseum II, Rainbow, Ozzy Osbourne (he's the guy who did the intro to Mr Crowley), Gary Moore, MSG among others. So he's not just some mug off the street, he's good.

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 3

In fact I'll say that Now What? is the best Morse-era album and the best album since Perfect Strangers.

Purpendicular is my favorite of the Morse-era albums, but Now What?! is strong and they sounded very inspired on it. I hope they can keep it up on this new one.

• Like 3

In fact I'll say that Now What? is the best Morse-era album and the best album since Perfect Strangers.

Purpendicular is my favorite of the Morse-era albums, but Now What?! is strong and they sounded very inspired on it. I hope they can keep it up on this new one.

Aye. :hail:

My DP Morse era favourite albums:

Rapture Of The Deep

Now What

Purpendicular

Abandon

Bananas (absolutely awful!)

Bananas really is awful. It's the only one of the bunch that I dislike. I think I would rank them like this:

Purpendicular

Abandon

Now What?!

Rapture of the Deep

Bananas

Abandon and Now What?! are really close for me.

• Like 1

Rapture Of The Deep

Now What

Purpendicular

Abandon

Bananas really is awful. It's the only one of the bunch that I dislike. I think I would rank them like this:

Purpendicular

Abandon

Now What?!

Rapture of the Deep

Bananas

I like Bananas myself. :hail:

• Like 1

Rapture Of The Deep

Now What

Purpendicular

Abandon

Purpendicular

Abandon

Now What?!

Rapture of the Deep

Bananas

Same here but I haven't listened to it in ages. I think Purpendicular is my favorite of those. Rapture of the Deep is pretty good too if I remember correctly. I need to spin some DP again. :cool:

Edited by catherine
  • Like 3

Rapture Of The Deep

Now What

Purpendicular

Abandon

Purpendicular

Abandon

Now What?!

Rapture of the Deep

Bananas

Same here but I haven't listened to it in ages. I think Purpendicular is my favorite of those. Rapture of the Deep is pretty good too if I remember correctly. I need to spin some DP again. :cool:

usually not a waste of time!

• Like 2

They have just announced UK dates for November 2017; it seems the tour will be named 'Long Goodbye' and they will be surely around in 2018 (it's their 50th anniversary)
  • Like 1