Ronnie James Dio

treeduck

I just want to say that I met Ronnie James Dio in 1986 and so in some small way I'm part of the DIO story! :o

Let me put it like this, when Ronnie was in his final moments and his life flashed before his eyes, I'd be in there somewhere! :o :o :o

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

• Like 4

I dont see what people see in Dio....

He seems to be a real asshole in interviews and he destroyed Black Sabbath.

Great singer and songwriter. One of the best lyricists ever and one of the nicest people of all time in rock/metal. There was never anyone kinder and more friendly to their fans than he was. Even before he died, it would be hard to find anyone who had a bad thing to say about him. I'm not sure why you think he came off like an asshole in his interviews though?

As for ruining Black Sabbath, the band needed some new life injected into it as it was obvious the were losing something with those last two Ozzy albums. You can't say Dio ruined them since the change wasn't all on him. Don't pretend like the other three in the band had no say in the direction they went. If they wanted to be like old Sabbath then that's what they would have done with Dio.

• Like 7

Great singer and songwriter. One of the best lyricists ever and one of the nicest people of all time in rock/metal. There was never anyone kinder and more friendly to their fans than he was. Even before he died, it would be hard to find anyone who had a bad thing to say about him. I'm not sure why you think he came off like an asshole in his interviews though?

As for ruining Black Sabbath, the band needed some new life injected into it as it was obvious the were losing something with those last two Ozzy albums. You can't say Dio ruined them since the change wasn't all on him. Don't pretend like the other three in the band had no say in the direction they went. If they wanted to be like old Sabbath then that's what they would have done with Dio.

:goodone: :haz: :haz: :blaze: :haz: :haz: :givebeer:

• Like 5

Can I have your autograph?

Not now I'm busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tsk: :smoke:

If not now, when?

Do I have to make an appointment?

Yes!

What is a good time and year for you?

1974 on a Thursday!

See ya then! :hi:

That was a good year!

• Like 1

Wow. Ducky you're a real Stargazer... :notworthy:

Even years before he met you, Dio must have thought about you when he wrote the lyrics to the song. :hail: :smoke:

• Like 3

Wow. Ducky you're a real Stargazer... :notworthy:

Even years before he met you, Dio must have thought about you when he wrote the lyrics to the song. :hail: :smoke:

Aye!

I feel bad actually because Jimmy Bain was behind him and I totally forgot about him as though he wasn't there but I didn't realise this till like years later. :boohoo:

Killing the Dragon was definitely a return to form for RJD. And Doug Aldrich totally blows that Tracy G guy away.

Saw Tracy G live with Dio a couple times and wasn't impressed with his playing. Never liked how he played Man On The Silver Mountain either.

Yeah, Killing The Dragon was definitely a return to the old school Dio sound. I did like Magica a lot too. It was different for him to do a concept album but I thought it came out good.

• Like 2

Killing the Dragon was definitely a return to form for RJD. And Doug Aldrich totally blows that Tracy G guy away.

Saw Tracy G live with Dio a couple times and wasn't impressed with his playing. Never liked how he played Man On The Silver Mountain either.

Yeah, Killing The Dragon was definitely a return to the old school Dio sound. I did like Magica a lot too. It was different for him to do a concept album but I thought it came out good.

Yeah I have the 1993 live album, which is a good quality live recording. Tracy G seems to have his own way of playing some of the songs and solos and they don't sound right, plus his own guitar solos and riffs are pretty basic.

I think Doug Aldrich really suited Dio's sound but of course Coverdale came along and signed him up for Whitesnake right after the KTD tour. I've got the live album from that tour as well I've not had chance to listen to it yet though but I think it'll be good.

Magica is ok but only a partial return to form for me, definitely better than Angry Machines though.

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

Would you mind backing up that claim? Because everything I've seen from him implies the opposite.

He's probably talking about the Vivian Campbell interview.

• Like 1

Dio rocked, who else could sing about dragons, rainbows, fire, and such with such power.

His Sabbath albums to me are the 2 best Sabbath albums......

Also, Ronnie was not a tall man, therefore he will always be my favorite hobbit

• Like 5