Risky.

Ridley Scott is a plus. Fassbender is a plus. But I'm skeptical after the big letdown that was Prometheus. That movie had a good first 45 minutes then just snowballed into something ridiculous. I'm interested enough to hit the cinemas yet pessimistic enough to skip it. Will decide as I see more and more teasers and trailers.

I read that there will be two more after Covenant that'll link the prequels to the original Alien film. Also, they'll apparently and eventually reveal who actually created the xenomorph aliens.

Prometheus gave me AIDS.

And I am a massive fan of the first four Alien films (OK...mainly those first two).

• Like 1

Prometheus gave me AIDS.

And I am a massive fan of the first four Alien films (OK...mainly those first two).

I'd grade them like this...

Alien: A+

Aliens: A

Alien 3: C

Alien 4 (Resurrection): D

Prometheus: F

Swap the first two ratings...ours would be the same

• Like 1

Prometheus gave me AIDS.

Yeah, I could have just as easily given Aliens an A+ too but I did like the original more. Both of them are pretty much perfect.

Prometheus gave me AIDS.

Yeah, I could have just as easily given Aliens an A+ too but I did like the original more. Both of them are pretty much perfect.

I find them to be perfect in different ways. Alien is the perfect horror...Aliens is the perfect action film. Only two films to rival these for me are the first two Terminator films.

• Like 1

Prometheus gave me AIDS.

I find them to be perfect in different ways. Alien is the perfect horror...Aliens is the perfect action film. Only two films to rival these for me are the first two Terminator films.

I made a thread about Alien & Aliens vs Terminator & Terminator 2 nearly 10 years ago.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/40551-alien-aliens-vs-terminator-1-2/page__hl__+alien%20+#entry1359328

Looking at my first post in there, I'd change my answer today and pick Alien & Aliens over Terminator & T2...though I still like the originals of both franchises more than any of their sequels.

• Like 1

Prometheus gave me AIDS.

The first one has more suspense and mystery about the alien because at first you don't know what it looks like etc. The second one is more action-orientated and there's no mystery about the alien anymore and consequently they're disposable. In the first film they couldn't even kill it, in Aliens they were blowing them away left right and centre so to balance it out they created a Queen who is like a boss enemy from a video game.

• Like 2

Prometheus gave me AIDS.

The first one has more suspense and mystery about the alien because at first you don't know what it looks like etc. The second one is more action-orientated and there's no mystery about the alien anymore and consequently they're disposable. In the first film they couldn't even kill it, in Aliens they were blowing them away left right and centre so to balance it out they created a Queen who is like a boss enemy from a video game.

Go to that link in my previous post. I say almost identical things (in my first post in that thread) back in 2008 to what you're saying here.

Prometheus gave me AIDS.

Go to that link in my previous post. I say almost identical things (in my first post in that thread) back in 2008 to what you're saying here.

Does this mean I'm Psychic again? :AlienSmiley:

Prometheus gave me AIDS.

Same here.

• Like 1

Alien is one of the few A+ movies for me ... Conversely, I think Aliens is probably the most overrated film I can think of - they took everything great about the original and destroyed it Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

Alien is one of the few A+ movies for me ... Conversely, I think Aliens is probably the most overrated film I can think of - they took everything great about the original and destroyed it

I like the second film as a sci-fi action flick but it's clearly not as good as the original film.

• Like 2

Alien is one of the few A+ movies for me ... Conversely, I think Aliens is probably the most overrated film I can think of - they took everything great about the original and destroyed it

I like the second film as a sci-fi action flick but it's clearly not as good as the original film.

The sense of isolation in the first film in incredible - the pacing is perfect, and there is such a chilling vibe of nothing

Dallas_with_MU_TH_UR.png

• Like 1

Prometheus gave me AIDS.

No. This means my post from 2008 was so powerful that it imbedded itself into your long term memory. From there it stayed dormant until your post today.

I think Alien and Aliens are each two perfect movies.

I don't get how the second one is inferior. I think it works amazingly well and they were wise to not repeat the original. If they stuck to just being a horror flick you would have had an easy repeat.

I enjoy Aliens the most to be honest. Always have. I found Alien boring until about five years ago (and I watched both Alien movies before I turned 11). I think it's great and chilling and now I see I was wrong to think it was "inferior", but I think what makes both films work is they each move in different directions. Alien is claustrophobic and intense, Aliens widens the threat a lot more and creates a sense of urgency, panic, threat...like a spreading disease.

Each to their own, but I can't see any negatives about Aliens. Even the extended cut betters the theatrical in my opinion.

• Like 3

Prometheus gave me AIDS.

No. This means my post from 2008 was so powerful that it imbedded itself into your long term memory. From there it stayed dormant until your post today.

Maybe... :hail: