Happy thanksgiving !! Gobble, gobble !

blueschica

I am leaving a bit early to head out for travel, so I wanted to wish everyone who celebrates, a Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you get all your favorite foods! And treeduck, I hope you get those little cakes you like, Thanksgiving or not! :) Edited by blueschica
  • Like 7

While making my pumpkin cheesecake this morning with my brand new hand mixer, those little mixer things (I can't think what they're called right now) fell out and into my batter. I thought I had put them in the right way. This is an Oster mixer and they don't click in, so it's hard to know if they are in right. Apparently they weren't. It wasn't easy scooping them out of the batter.

I hope the cake is good just the same.

• Like 3

While making my pumpkin cheesecake this morning with my brand new hand mixer, those little mixer things (I can't think what they're called right now) fell out and into my batter. I thought I had put them in the right way. This is an Oster mixer and they don't click in, so it's hard to know if they are in right. Apparently they weren't. It wasn't easy scooping them out of the batter.

:LOL:

They should build a better beater for your batter.

Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!

• Like 3

I am leaving a bit early to head out for travel, so I wanted to wish everyone who celebrates, a Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you get all your favorite foods! And treeduck, I hope you get those little cakes you like, Thanksgiving or not! :)

Do you mean Petits Fours? My Mom got me into them in the late '60s, from a company called The Swiss Colony, in Wisconsin. They sell food items, pastries, nick knacks, candies and such. My order for this year has been in since early this month.... Here's what they look like, [Petits Fours]

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Food%20-Cooking/Food-%20Petits%20Fours.pngThere are six different flavors in this box, and they make a few others, like coconut Petits fours, Red Velvet, carrot cake, strawberry short cake, Lemon Mist, Neopolitan, etc. Here's the store: http://www.swisscolony.com/

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Happy%20glasses%20dancing%20banana.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm just glad it's almost over. Never been one of my favorite holidays.

Why not? Don't like spending time with family? Don't have family to spend time with? In either case...its sad.

The pumpkin cheesecake turned out the best it has ever been. Really was exceptionally delicious this year. I know not why. I bought a new spring pan, but I don't think that would have made such a difference.

• Like 3

The pumpkin cheesecake turned out the best it has ever been. Really was exceptionally delicious this year. I know not why. I bought a new spring pan, but I don't think that would have made such a difference.

It sounds awesome and delicious! I'm jealous- I haven't had much luck with cheesecakes.

• Like 3

It sounds awesome and delicious! I'm jealous- I haven't had much luck with cheesecakes.

It really is easy to make. I'm all thumbs lately when it comes to anything. You should have seen the kitchen when I was making it.

If I can do it, Chica, you can do it. Give it a try!

• Like 2

Our Thanksgiving turned out to be good fun. We had two other families join us, and ended up literally using every plate, glass, knife, fork and spoon that we have. :LOL: Great company, great food, and great fun! Hope y'all had a fantastic day as well!

Oh... here's a place to share all your best Thanksgiving secret recipes, both planned and unplanned!

http://www.therushfo...s/#entry4187385

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

It really is easy to make. I'm all thumbs lately when it comes to anything. You should have seen the kitchen when I was making it.

If you could post the recipe sometime, I would love to try it!

• Like 2

If you could post the recipe sometime, I would love to try it!

I'll it on Goose's thread in the Food section. :)

• Like 2

I forgot to tell about the mouse we have. It's a disgrace we even have one on account of the fact that we have four cats and only one is onto the mouse. The other three couldn't care less.

Anyway, I had in the pantry in a heavy duty plastic bag Christmas and Thanksgiving napkins. Well, do you know that the mouse ate through the bag and ate the corners of my Thanksgiving napkins??? :LOL: I had to throw them out, and we used plain old white ones.

Edited by Lorraine

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm just glad it's almost over. Never been one of my favorite holidays.

Why not? Don't like spending time with family? Don't have family to spend time with? In either case...its sad.

Most of my family is dead and gone so yeah.

I hope everyone made it through the day yesterday. We did, as on most holiday's of this nature there was some parts happy and some parts sad. At least we didn't have any arguments about politics and we have a lot of leftovers so I will not have to cook the rest of the weekend :LMAO: Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear this, Eagle Moon! My parents are gone, and situations with other family members are not tip top in any way, so I'm pretty used to being alone myself. Hugs for you, kiddo.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Psychedelic%20banana_1.gif

Sorry to hear this, Eagle Moon! My parents are gone, and situations with other family members are not tip top in any way, so I'm pretty used to being alone myself. Hugs for you, kiddo.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Psychedelic%20banana_1.gif

:hug2:

• Like 1