Van Hagar tour rumours

Rod in Toronto

Two totally different bands. Both excellent in their own way. The Van Hagar line up produced some great rock.

I agree that no matter which one was singing, the band produced great music. Dave couldn't reproduce the Sammy era, and vice-versa. Each was unique.

And for all of the alleged animosity that I have read about among the Van Halen bros and their lead singers, I have not caught any of it on stage, but maybe I just haven't looked at the right videos.

• Like 1

I saw the last VH tour with DLR and Dave's voice was just not there. I would go see Sammy again. 5150 is a great album.

http://youtu.be/tf_xjLYT9so

Thanks for posting this.

Eddie makes playing the guitar so easy. He really was a natural.

He´s certainly gifted, but he practiced non stop from a very early age, Lorraine. What still amazes me is that he was able to play so well live while still on drugs/drunk. It wasn´t until 2004 that his dirty habits started to take their toll.

• Like 1

I had no idea that Sammy sang Dave's songs on VH tours. I thought for sure Dave would have thought he owned them, but he didn't write them.

Who can tell the difference in how the songs sound? Sammy did a good job.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

I had no idea that Sammy sang Dave's songs on VH tours. I thought for sure Dave would have thought he owned them, but he didn't write them.

Who can tell the difference in how the songs sound? Sammy did a good job.

Yeah, he used to sing Jump, Panama, Ain´t Talking ´Bout Love and You Really Got Me. On VERY selected dates he´d sing Unchained. On the reunion tour in 2004 I think they aded a few more. And they played Somebody Get Me a Doctor with Michael Anthony on vocals in the VH III Tour and in 2004.

• Like 1

Since Dave can't sing his way out of a paper bag these days and looks like a creepy Soupy Sales, they are better off with a guy who still has chops.

DLR is so washed up its not funny...its pathetic and sad.

How did Dave go from cool to creepy so completely? The difference is like night and day. :d13:

• Like 2

Since Dave can't sing his way out of a paper bag these days and looks like a creepy Soupy Sales, they are better off with a guy who still has chops.

How did Dave go from cool to creepy so completely? The difference is like night and day. :d13:

The 1990's.

The 1990's.

I think he was just a weirdo all along but he was a megastar back then and he looked cool so no one noticed.

• Like 2

He was never able to sing live FFS. The Us Fest performance was worse than ANY performance in 2012 or 2015. Guess what? It didn't matter back then.

Stop being so nitpicking

Is it worse than this though?

David_Lee_Roth_Smashbox_2008.jpg

Is this really a picture of him? I've only seen bootlegs of recent concert footage and no real close-ups.

This is almost as frightening as a before and after of Robert Plant.

Almost, but not quite, but good Lord - everything he did in his life is reflected in that face.

Wonder if the ladies still flock to Diamond Dave? :unsure: