Van Hagar tour rumours

Rod in Toronto

Someone is out of money

I somehow doubt that anyone in the VH camp is out of money at this point in time. Eddie makes millions with his 5150 amp business, and they did well in two out of three tours they did with Roth since 2007. Mike was bought out of his writing credits with the band in 2004 and has toured with Sammy extensively. Sammy sold his tequila business for 80 million dollars a few years back. So I´m not sure why they´re doing this...but I saw this coming when Eddie had his Steinberger guitar restored earlier in the year - look here: http://www.vhnd.com/2016/01/04/eddie-van-halens-5150-steinberger-guitar-restored/

That´s the guitar he used live in the 5150 tour, so I thought they had something brewing back then. We´ll see...

The only thing that can make this better is if DLR is on the phone with Vai and Sheehan right now.

They planned a one-off with the guy from Steel Panther on vocals...then dave showed up and decided to sing, at which point the place was so packed that the fire marshall had to cancel the gig altogether. But they´ve been planning this for a while. Billy Sheehan´s agenda is clear for 2017, and so is Steve Vai´s...

• Like 1

If Van Hagar decide to haul their ass's over to the UK, I am in.

The last time I saw them on stage? A long time ago. The Gary Cherone (*cough*) line-up's arena show was cancelled at the last minute, apparently because of poor ticket sales. Before that it would have been Sam & Co, outdoors at Wembley Stadium supporting the then seriously big unit-shifters Bon Jovi.

Anyways a couple of tunes into Jon Bon's set we decided to leave. It was too hot and packed down there in the middle of the pitch. Outside in the cool and deserted concourse, about to jump into his limo and also make a quiet getaway was Michael Anthony. Many cordial words were exchanged with handshakes and bear-hugs. I couldn't help asking 'Hey Mike, what's the hurry?' 'Ahhhh man ... gotta rush, a hot date'. And with that he was off.

• Like 1

Since Dave can't sing his way out of a paper bag these days and looks like a creepy Soupy Sales, they are better off with a guy who still has chops.

DLR is so washed up its not funny...its pathetic and sad.

• Like 3

Dave could never sing properly live, but at least he was entertaining live...these days, as Tick said, he looks pathetic. Also, there are a number of cool Van Hagar songs that would NEVER see the light of day played by Eddie, unless Sammy was back.
  • Like 2