The big 3 of heavy rock: Zeppelin VS Sabbath VS Deep Purple?

Texas King

Zeppelin VS Sabbath VS Deep Purple?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Zeppelin VS Sabbath VS Deep Purple?

• Led Zeppelin
    • Black Sabbath
    • Deep Purple

David Coverdale was in Purple, was asked to join Sabbath, and played with Page. Let's ask him.

He lives about a half hour from me. Hold on... :outtahere:

He said, "Whitesnake".

Pre-1987?

Still of the Night era. Dave said that would pretty well cover all three bands.

He was supposed to get the Sabbath gig before Ray Gillen. Gillen would have taken Sabbath in a hair metal direction.

I do love the 1987 album.

• Like 2

Just a random question...are the recent Led Zeppelin remasters worth the money? They are quite expensive compared to the older versions and I am not sure I want to splash out for little difference.

Just a random question...are the recent Led Zeppelin remasters worth the money? They are quite expensive compared to the older versions and I am not sure I want to splash out for little difference.

Save your money unless you're a completest or audiophile with super high grade equipment.

Save your money unless you're a completest or audiophile with super high grade equipment.

Thank you!

I am not fussed about the bonus material so duly noted!

Only Sabbath album I enjoy I REALLY FRIGGING LOVE:

Masters Of Reality

• Like 1

Love all three, and their albums have been in heavy rotation in my house for decades.

Sabbath

Zeppelin

Purple

Best albums from each?

Heaven and Hell

IV

Burn (although Gillan is my favorite Purple vocalist)

Thank you!

I am not fussed about the bonus material so duly noted!

The bonus material isn't very interesting, IMO. Personally, I like either bonus tracks or a live set from the tour for an album if I'm going to buy a "deluxe," edition. Alternate versions and demos didn't make it to the album for a reason.

Only Sabbath album I enjoy I REALLY FRIGGING LOVE:

Masters Of Reality

It's a great album, if too short. Vol. 4 and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath are the Ozzy era's creative peak, IMO, although Paranoid is my favorite album from them. Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules are from a different band altogether, but they are my favorite "Sabbath" albums. Dehumanizer suffers from too little diversity. The Martin era and the Hughes era aren't really Sabbath to my ears, and Born Again is an album I have to be in the mood to appreciate, and even then I'm lukewarm on it.

If like me your original Vinyl is getting a bit worn in the tooth, then I recommend getting the single vinyls.

• Like 1

Stairway to Heaven or Smoke on the Water or Iron Man?

Wow!! If that has not been done, that would make a great poll - and a brutally hard one to pick. Given the old dial up computer I am using I will not try to set it up. I leave that to those with more modern computer equipment than I have.

Edited by TheAccountant

Zeppelin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sabbath>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Purple

Zeppelin just crushes the other two. CRUSHES!

Edited by Mithrandir

What is "Heavy Rock"?

In order of favourite band:

1. Deep Purple

2. Black Sabbath

3. Led Zep

Led Zep is one of those bands I never really paid much attention too. My time was too full listening to Deep Purple and Sabbath tbh.

Best "Heavy Rock" band IMHO???

Bon Scott era AC/DC

I voted for Deep Purple, just everything I've heard from them is always awesome.

Never been into Ozzy or Sabbath, and (sorry guys) but I think Zeppelin is SO over-rated.

Edited by Del_Duio