John Carpenter's Best Film? ((Earl, rest your spasticity here))

JohnnyBlaze

John Carpenter's Finest?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite John Carpenter-directed movie?

• Captain Voyeur
    • Dark Star
    • Assault on Precinct 13
    • Halloween
    • The Fog
    • Escape from New York
    • The Thing
    • Christine
    • Starman
    • Big Trouble in Little China
    • Prince of Darkness
    • They Live
    • Memoirs of an Invisible Man
    • In the Mouth of Madness
    • Village of the Damned
    • Escape from L.A.
    • Vampires
    • Ghost of Mars
    • The Ward

I've seen fifteen and really liked most of those. Had to vote for The Thing though. Big Trouble, Halloween, Escape from New York, and They Live round out my top five.

I'd probably go Escape/NY, The Thing, Halloween, China, and Starman for my Top 5...but it's really tight between Escape and The Thing for #1 and close again with Halloween and China for the #3 slot.

I haven't seen They Live but not surprised you like it a lot. Piper!

• Like 1

I've seen fifteen and really liked most of those. Had to vote for The Thing though. Big Trouble, Halloween, Escape from New York, and They Live round out my top five.

I'd probably go Escape/NY, The Thing, Halloween, China, and Starman for my Top 5...but it's really tight between Escape and The Thing for #1 and close again with Halloween and China for the #3 slot.

They Live gets better every time I watch it. It's like Big Trouble to me in that it's just a lot of fun from start to finish.

God, that Piper and Keith David fight is such a classic. Put on these glasses, or start eating that trash can! :LOL:

• Like 2

They Live gets better every time I watch it. It's like Big Trouble to me in that it's just a lot of fun from start to finish.

God, that Piper and Keith David fight is such a classic. Put on these glasses, or start eating that trash can! :LOL:

The fight scene is incredible! :D

• Like 1

This?

Here's Keith David's ultimate voice work:

• Like 1

This?

Here's Keith David's ultimate voice work:

Yup - I stand by that: incredible fight scene! :D

• Like 1

Really hard choice between Dark Star and The Thing

I went with Dark Star, because it is such a classic.

To be honest, looking at the list of films it makes me wonder why he's so highly regarded. :ph34r:

Had to vote for Escape from New York. If I am remembering correctly, it was one of the first movies to show a post apocalyptic view of the US. Kurt Russell was such a great Snake! It was really a toss up between that and The Thing, though. Both are so excellent.

1. Escape from New York

2. The Thing

3. Halloween

4. Big Trouble in Little China

Of the ones that I've seen, and that's most of them, I like Starman the best. I have a cousin that was involved with Escape From New York as a camera operator.
  • Like 2

How does Escape From LA not have a single vote??????????

Kurt Russell on a surfboard before CGI

These are all 19 films John Carpenter directed in order. Somehow I've only seen 9 of these. I thought I've seen more and I thought he made more. But man what a run he had from Assault on Precinct 13 to Big Trouble in Little China! Discuss.

:blaze:

I am honored and flattered Johnny! I came on here in this video section tonight to write about my new obsession. I'm shocked no one has written about this yet but I may be wrong!!!

John is my all time favorite director yet even I'm not perfect.

You forgot "Body Bags" An HBO film with horror shorts. It's EPIC. Even John plays the host as the dead guy in the morgue. The opening short his directed by John.

Also don't forget about his other two "Masters Of Horror" Cable shorts. Absolutely both are fantastic!!!

And "Halloween" 2017 isn't directed by the MAN but he did write it and is also producing.

Not sure about the soundtrack score. I am can only pray.

Oh and also "Halloween III" never gets any credit but John did write the soundtrack with Alan live in the studio as they both watched the film.

I would die to see that footage of those two in the studio!!

Also, don't forget about "The Eyes Of Laura Mars!" Written by John! Not directed!!!

"Halloween" is the greatest film ever made on the earth.

John made "Halloween."

Rush made "Hemispheres."

Life is complete.

Did I tell you that when Carpenter played live in Oakland I paid for the meet and greet. Such a wonderful man.

I wore my "Hemispheres" shirt just for him.

I asked him if he liked RUSH.

John said...

"Yeah... they're ok."

LOL

These are all 19 films John Carpenter directed in order. Somehow I've only seen 9 of these. I thought I've seen more and I thought he made more. But man what a run he had from Assault on Precinct 13 to Big Trouble in Little China! Discuss.

:blaze:

I am honored and flattered Johnny! I came on here in this video section tonight to write about my new obsession. I'm shocked no one has written about this yet but I may be wrong!!!

John is my all time favorite director yet even I'm not perfect.

You forgot "Body Bags" An HBO film with horror shorts. It's EPIC. Even John plays the host as the dead guy in the morgue. The opening short his directed by John.

Also don't forget about his other two "Masters Of Horror" Cable shorts. Absolutely both are fantastic!!!

And "Halloween" 2017 isn't directed by the MAN but he did write it and is also producing.

Not sure about the soundtrack score. I am can only pray.

Oh and also "Halloween III" never gets any credit but John did write the soundtrack with Alan live in the studio as they both watched the film.

I would die to see that footage of those two in the studio!!

Also, don't forget about "The Eyes Of Laura Mars!" Written by John! Not directed!!!

"Halloween" is the greatest film ever made on the earth.

John made "Halloween."

Rush made "Hemispheres."

Life is complete.

Did I tell you that when Carpenter played live in Oakland I paid for the meet and greet. Such a wonderful man.

I wore my "Hemispheres" shirt just for him.

I asked him if he liked RUSH.

John said...

"Yeah... they're ok."

LOL

I purposefully didn't include short films and those he did NOT direct.

Yeah, I remember you ejaculating over meeting him during that meet & greet. :LOL: