Your least favorite track on the album Moving Pictures?

Texas King

Your least favorite song on the album Moving Pictures?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Your least favorite song on the album Moving Pictures?

• Vital Signs
    • Witch Hunt
    • The Camera Eye
    • YYZ
    • Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • Limelight

Tom Sawyer .. It's actually my least favorite song up to that point in their career

You're insane. Not even Rivendell?!! Come on.

I actually like Rivendell

:LOL:

The Tom Sawyer thing goes way back - there is history

Rivendell is stunning

Tom Sawyer .. It's actually my least favorite song up to that point in their career

Rivendell is stunning

I am listening right now .... The subtle swells of guitar from Alex are perfect - it became one of his trademark touches - one of many reasons I love him

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

God, in terms of songs I skip, probably YYZ, but that's only because it's a non-atmospheric instrumental

Oh my goodness I can't believe you said that...

...it's actually true! I adore it but...wow I think you might be the first person to admit to this!

I find it exceptional but actually...now you mention it...haha

YYZ is definitely remarkable (I'd be shocked if someone who listens to Rush wasn't able to recognize it), energetic and fun, but it's not soothing like their other instrumentals.

I still enjoy it by itself a lot, but it requires active listening, whereas if I'm driving or dancing or something, I'd rather skip to the next one. And yes, I dance to rush, haha

Rivendell is stunning

No no, your Hermione actress from Harry Potter (forgot her name at this moment) is stunning. Rivendell is a song off FBN. It's not total garbage but I wouldn't allow it to carry Tom Sawyer's dirty jockstrap to the hamper. :LOL:

And I put Tom Sawyer as the 5th best song off Moving Pictures.

• Like 2

Rivendell is stunning

No no, your Hermione actress from Harry Potter (forgot her name at this moment) is stunning. Rivendell is a song off FBN. It's not total garbage but I wouldn't allow it to carry Tom Sawyer's dirty jockstrap to the hamper. :LOL:

Forget about Rivendell!

EMMA WATSON IS BAE!

Forget Rush I'm going to watch Harry Potter now...

• Like 1

God, in terms of songs I skip, probably YYZ, but that's only because it's a non-atmospheric instrumental

...it's actually true! I adore it but...wow I think you might be the first person to admit to this!

YYZ is definitely remarkable (I'd be shocked if someone who listens to Rush wasn't able to recognize it), energetic and fun, but it's not soothing like their other instrumentals.

I still enjoy it by itself a lot, but it requires active listening, whereas if I'm driving or dancing or something, I'd rather skip to the next one. And yes, I dance to rush, haha

My wife jokingly dances to La Villa Strangiato and the first several seconds of 2112 Overture. But both are given a 100% go. Both dances are comedic and oddly sexy at the same time. Maybe it's the comedic part that I find sexy. :LOL:

• Like 1

Rivendell is stunning

Forget about Rivendell!

EMMA WATSON IS BAE!

That's her name! She's the only actress under 30 that I can think of that's actually a good actress and crazily attractive!

Rivendell is stunning

Forget about Rivendell!

EMMA WATSON IS BAE!

That's her name! She's the only actress under 30 that I can think of that's actually a good actress and crazily attractive!

...Margot Robbie...

OK she isn't Emma Watson but...but...

Emma Watson is pure class though.

My wife jokingly dances to La Villa Strangiato and the first several seconds of 2112 Overture. But both are given a 100% go. Both dances are comedic and oddly sexy at the same time. Maybe it's the comedic part that I find sexy. :LOL:

That is awesome on so many levels

• Like 3

That is awesome on so many levels

I was just about to write the same thing. It really is.

• Like 1

Moving Pictures must be a remarkable album if the mighty Witch Hunt is the weakest track.

Vital Signs is just too much fun so The Camera Eye gets the nod.

The playing here is just fine. When we have had a few, TCE is classic Rush sing-a-long ... a-LIVE in the streets of the ci-TYYyyyyyy.

Sober the track goes on too long. It's rather tame compared to the previous album's extended suite. (the indescribably great Natural Science).

One of only three Rush albums where I give every song a perfect ten...

...I will go for Vital Signs. It took ages to blow me away. In fact I'd stop the album at The Camera Eye for the longest time...then I stopped and realised...it's amazing from start to end.

What are the other 2 albums that you give perfect 10 to?

A Farewell To King's and Hold Your Fire

Plenty come close

Hold Your Fire? Thats a surprise, most people dislike that album (not me). At least people dislike Tai Shan. (again... not me)

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 1

Least favorite song musically is Witch Hunt, mostly due to some ill-advised keyboard 'stabs'.

Least favorite song lyrically is Red Barchetta. 'Alloy air car' is pure KJ Anderson.

Loser goes to RedBar just because of its first 6 syllables (apologies to Segue).

"My uncle has a "

WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME?!?!

Cuz I luv ya!

:kisshug:

• Like 1

...I will go for Vital Signs. It took ages to blow me away. In fact I'd stop the album at The Camera Eye for the longest time...then I stopped and realised...it's amazing from start to end.

Plenty come close

Hold Your Fire? Thats a surprise, most people dislike that album (not me). At least people dislike Tai Shan. (again... not me)

I also rate Hold Your Fire a ten.

• Like 1

Plenty come close

I also rate Hold Your Fire a ten.

I find it all absolutely gorgeous and moving. Tai Shan is like a little day dream amongst all the serious thinking. It just fits perfectly.

Tom Sawyer for me....The first verse just makes me cringe.

They should have kept that tool from Max Webster well away from it.

Edited by Fridge