Luke Cage

USB Connector

Has anyone been watching this? If so what did you think?

I finished watching it not too long ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. It wasn't amazing but it was definitely entertaining.

I thought it was good but

they really shouldn't have killed Cottonmouth. Sure it was really interesting and a ballsy move, but the diamondback storyline was really boring and didn't make much sense to me. "Oh our dad who also neglected you, neglected me so I'm going to take it out on you with this supersuit I just got 10 min ago".

• Like 1

I thought it was good but

they really shouldn't have killed Cottonmouth. Sure it was really interesting and a ballsy move, but the diamondback storyline was really boring and didn't make much sense to me. "Oh our dad who also neglected you, neglected me so I'm going to take it out on you with this supersuit I just got 10 min ago".

Yeah I agree 100%. They Cottonmouth, one of their more interesting characters so that an uninteresting one could be more powerful. And yeah I felt that Diamondback would have kept treating Luke like a mosquito. Like yes he hates him but I figured he'd be calm and calculating and not go out of his way to kill him if it put things too much at risk. Nope instead we got a forced boss fight in a power ranger suit. Still fun to watch but a lot of good stuff was wasted.

I'm afraid it's not 70's enough! It's not kick ass enough! Where's all his enemies from the comics? Where's the yellow and blue outfit? Where's the afro?? It's not Luke Cage if there's no FRO!!

I haven't seen the show yet but I've read that they DO have some of the classic villains from Luke's Afro days. As I said before, I'd also prefer the classic 70s look BUT they're STILL giving his look from the comics...it's just the modern day bald & goatee Cage.

I'm afraid it's not 70's enough! It's not kick ass enough! Where's all his enemies from the comics? Where's the yellow and blue outfit? Where's the afro?? It's not Luke Cage if there's no FRO!!

I haven't seen the show yet but I've read that they DO have some of the classic villains from Luke's Afro days. As I said before, I'd also prefer the classic 70s look BUT they're STILL giving his look from the comics...it's just the modern day bald & goatee Cage.

There is an episode that pays homage to his comic book look. The brother would stick out wearing such an outfit in modern day Harlem.

There is an episode that pays homage to his comic book look. The brother would stick out wearing such an outfit in modern day Harlem.

f**k that I'd take it all the whole of Marvel back to 1970!!!

f**k that I'd take it all the whole of Marvel back to 1970!!!

Right.

Treeduck and I have been discussing this for a while in pm. I was saying that i'd take several MCU characters and put them IN the 70s. It'd be the same universe as the MCU movies but in the 70s. Just as Agent Carter and Howard Stark are in the 40s, Cage and Iron Fist belong in the 70s...they were created IN and FOR that era.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2