Saw it yesterday. More fun than I thought it would be, as in real funny. Didn't know Dr. Strange had a lighter side. All for the best I say.

Benedict brings to life Dr. Stephen Strange. I enjoyed the supporting cast immensley. Well written I thought.

The visual effects were stunning. As origin stories go, it seems Marvel just retreads them. No matter, it's a joyride with which we're accustom by now.

Marvel just keeps making enjoyable movies. Anybody else seen it?

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 2

I haven't been a fan of anything Ben has done since Sherlock. So if I see it, it'll be on DVD.

I expect nothing less. I mean, why bother giving someone another crack at entertaining you right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4lUcjUv37A

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

I haven't been a fan of anything Ben has done since Sherlock. So if I see it, it'll be on DVD.

Have you seen he imitation game?

I haven't...just wondered if that was a miss for you as everyone I know seems to proper love it

• Like 1

I haven't...just wondered if that was a miss for you as everyone I know seems to proper love it

It was an excellent film. See it at once

"Doctor Strange---thoughts"?

My thoughts are: I'm mildly annoyed that I can't see it until January. Surely, there's no other TRFer that wants to see it more than me. This is what Zumbi must feel like when he can't get his paws on some obscure bootleg of Alex Lifeson tuning his guitar before a show. :blaze:

• Like 2

It was an excellent film. See it at once

I plan too...it's amazed me actually I just looked at the release date...I wanted so bad to see this but time has flown by and I've delayed!!!

My thoughts are: I'm mildly annoyed that I can't see it until January. Surely, there's no other TRFer that wants to see it more than me. This is what Zumbi must feel like when he can't get his paws on some obscure bootleg of Alex Lifeson tuning his guitar before a show. :blaze:

No...Your feelings are rational and human

:LOL:

• Like 1

:LOL:

This thread is gonna go downhill if one of those two read this...haha

• Like 2

I'm usually against capeshit, but this looks good and I might want to even catch it in theaters.

The capeshit comment is funny coming from a big time manga/anime One Piece fan.

Yes but is it Marvel? Nope so the interests in that is wholly separate haha

I prefer anime to DC and Marvel

I'm usually against capeshit, but this looks good and I might want to even catch it in theaters.

Why?

I wouldn't want live action adaptions of manga/anime clogging up modern cinema either.

Why?

I wouldn't want live action adaptions of manga/anime clogging up modern cinema either.

Ahhh, I wasn't thinking "live action". I was thinking why you'd begrudge something that isn't too far out of the ballpark from anime/manga. Hell, it's the same ballpark.

But anyway yeah, I was commenting on something that you weren't even thinking.

Yeah I went with a friend to see it since they like him but I was bored. I just don't get all the hoopla about him.

I expect nothing less. I mean, why bother giving someone another crack at entertaining you right?

Not sure what you mean by that? Do you regularly go see movies with actors in them that you don't care for?

Yeah I went with a friend to see it since they like him but I was bored. I just don't get all the hoopla about him.

I love him to be honest...but I have a similar issue with Eddie Redmayne.

But that is mostly because he and I look so similar and have similar mannerisms and I get hounded with the comparison all the time (it doesn't help that we both have soft, posh English accents).

You see it more in person than photograph...but yeah both these English actors are everywhere atm

Not sure what you mean by that? Do you regularly go see movies with actors in them that you don't care for?

Yeah because a film is more than just aneed actor.

One of my all time favourite movies is the directors cut of Kingdom Of Heaven. If I just looked at the lead actor, Orlando Bloom...I'd never have tried it. Can't stand him. He's also the worst part of the whole movie. But I love the film...it's outstanding and he even does well in it.

I also love Jennifer Lawrence...does not mean I want to follow her as Mystique.

I'm pretty sure Tomb's agreeing with you.

Example: After watching several flicks of Brad Pitt's, I don't like him so I don't give him any more cracks at trying to entertain me.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Tomb's agreeing with you.

Example: After watching several flicks of Brad Pitt's, I don't like him so I don't give him any more cracks at trying to entertain me.

Finally, someone who understands me. Too bad you're married already