Superhero Two-fer: Logan and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 trailers

JohnnyBlaze

Logan.

I've yet to see a good Wolverine movie and half of the X-Men movies aren't good or are total crap. And this is despite Jackman being a nice fit for the role. Hopefully, his swan song as Logan/Wolverine will be memorable. Patrick Stewart on board helps.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

This trailer doesn't tell too much but I don't mind. Part 1 was such a pleasant surprise with all of its other pleasant little surprises. Many mention Rocket and Groot as memorable but imho if anyone is perfect it's that big bastard as Drax. He's as tough and dumb as in the comics. Looking forward to this sequel.

• Like 2

I'm not confident in the Logan flick for the reasons stated above, the Guardians flick seems to be going for the comedy romance angle based on that trailer.

Well, the same guy who directed The Wolverine is doing this one so that's not a plus. It HAD BEEN stated in the past that this was based on the Old Man Logan story but I think there are too many things missing already just from what I can see in that trailer. Besides,

I'm not a fan of what I assume is X-23, the little female Wolverine clone.

I'm not confident in the Logan flick for the reasons stated above, the Guardians flick seems to be going for the comedy romance angle based on that trailer.

Well, the same guy who directed The Wolverine is doing this one so that's not a plus. It HAD BEEN stated in the past that this was based on the Old Man Logan story but I think there are too many things missing already just from what I can see in that trailer. Besides,

They should have scrapped the little girl idea and brought in the HULK!

Of course! But Universal owns Hulk. The MCU is lucky to even be able to have him on loan from Universal. Still, Fox should've somehow had Hulk for this last Jackman Logan outing. I mean hell, how could they have proclaimed this was based on Old Man Logan with no Hulk in sight. Fox isn't too bright most of the time. Shit, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique?! That still pisses me off. :LOL:

• Like 1

Of course! But Universal owns Hulk. The MCU is lucky to even be able to have him on loan from Universal. Still, Fox should've somehow had Hulk for this last Jackman Logan outing. I mean hell, how could they have proclaimed this was based on Old Man Logan with no Hulk in sight. Fox isn't too bright most of the time. Shit, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique?! That still pisses me off. :LOL:

Aye.

Jennifer Lawrence is great though...the problem isn't her it's the writers pushing her to the front without making her story interesting enough.

Jennifer Lawrence is great though...the problem isn't her it's the writers pushing her to the front without making her story interesting enough.

Jennifer Lawrence is great? I'll tell you this I won't watch this flick or any other X-Men or Marvel flick that she's in. She's meh. Mystique is not a leading character either but because the J-Law bandwagon is in high season they're trying to make Mystique the main X character which is all wrong.

Jennifer Lawrence is great? I'll tell you this I won't watch this flick or any other X-Men or Marvel flick that she's in. She's meh. Mystique is not a leading character either but because the J-Law bandwagon is in high season they're trying to make Mystique the main X character which is all wrong.

I've followed her career since before Hunger Games...Winters Bone, she was an unknown and got an Oscar nomination. I think she is marvellous!

Off screen she's annoying. But I love her.

I've followed her career since before Hunger Games...Winters Bone, she was an unknown and got an Oscar nomination. I think she is marvellous!

Off screen she's annoying. But I love her.

Making Jennifer Lawrence the X-focus as Mystique is like making Vin Diesel the focus as Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy just because he's Vin. It's Groot! Very similar, it's Mystique! X-men focus SHOULD be on one of these guys: Professor, Magneto, CYCLOPS, Jean Grey, or Wolverine.

I don't like Lawrence all that much but Mystique should never ever be the star regardless.

I've seen Lawrence in 7 movies and I think...

- there was only 1 that I liked HER in: Winter's Bone. I did like Days of Future Past and American Hustle but not because of her.

- Hunger Games is overrated garbage.

- well, not "think"--- I don't know anything about her outside of movies and I don't care.

- I'd probably like her if she did more dramatic stuff (a la Winter's Bone) as opposed to action/sci-fi with unbelievable fight scenes [for her that is] and "Let's go to war" lines.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1