x1yyz

Has anyone here done Tough Mudder? (https://toughmudder.com/) It is a 10-12 mile course with obstacles (and mud) that you and your team try to finish. I have a group of friends that have now done it three years in a row, and I'm thinking about participating next summer. The thing is, while I can walk ten miles I've never done that much walking PLUS a bunch of difficult obstacles, and I've never trained or participated in any sort of race before.

If you've done Tough Mudder before, were you in shape? How much did you train, and was that enough? Just how challenging was it?

• Like 2

I have a bunch of friends that do them...crazy outdoorsy types. :P If you're thinking of doing one, I recommend hitting the gym for a bit of cross-training, including upper body and some cardio. My friends say they're great fun, but you need to be in shape just to survive. :LOL:

Hauling logs...rope climbs...platform plunges into icy water...mud-crawling under barbed wire... Crazy stuff! But my friends love them. Which one are you thinking of doing?

I have a bunch of friends that do them...crazy outdoorsy types. :P If you're thinking of doing one, I recommend hitting the gym for a bit of cross-training, including upper body and some cardio. My friends say they're great fun, but you need to be in shape just to survive. :LOL:

Hauling logs...rope climbs...platform plunges into icy water...mud-crawling under barbed wire... Crazy stuff! But my friends love them. Which one are you thinking of doing?

The one in Tahoe, in June. You should join us!

• Like 1

The one in Tahoe, in June. You should join us!

This is the one at Northstar ski resort. Here's a link to pics of last year's...

https://www.yelp.com...-mudder-truckee

And a course description: http://www.mudrunguide.com/event/saturday-tahoe-california-tough-mudder-2016/

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Just get someone to drive you to the middle of nowhere and tell them to come back in 3 days, same thing
  • Like 2

I did a Renegade Run, which is a simpler version, a few years ago. I was going to do a Spartan Race in a couple weeks until my knee betrayed me. You need to be in very good shape for a Tough Mudder.

I heard at the Spartan Races if you skip an obstacle you have to do a bunch of burpees.

I've got time to get into shape before TM!

Okay, I did it; I just registered to do the Tough Mudder next June. So far our team has four people and there are a couple others who will most likely join up.

I'm already working on getting in better shape (something that needs to be done regardless of any race). This morning I did a five mile walk/jog, and tomorrow will be a strenuous five mile hike.

I've never done any sort of race or training before so this is a bit intimidating!

• Like 1