Roger Waters Interview

madra sneachta

Very interesting interview with Roger Waters in this month's Word magazine. He gives the impression of someone who has worked through his bitterness and has drawn a line under it.

One of the more interesting parts covers the build up to Live 8. It transpires the key to it happening was Roger ringing Dave. Geldof asked Dave, who said no. Geldof then contacted Nick, who contacted Roger saying the only thing that might impact on Dave is a call from Roger. Then -

"It all sounds good to me, so I get Dave's number from Bob and make the call. Dave answers the phone. Notwithstanding his surprise, which is palpable, we have a very cordial conversation. He expresses some reservations, but agrees to reconsider his position. 24 hours later, my phone rings, it's Dave. 'OK', he says, 'let's do it'".

Towards the end of the i/v, comes the really interesting quote.

"Oh, it was terrific, I really loved it. I hope we do it again, it was more than good. Is some other opportunity arose, I could even imagine us doing Dark Side Of The Moon again - you know, if there was a special occasion. I would be so good to hear it again".

You know, I care more for them to do it if it's right.

I don't have any control over whether they do or don't play again, so for me I have the memories and the music and that's good enough, it's actually more than good enough. But they can control whether they play again. So they hold the power to exceed the memories by making more of them for themselves and us fans.

It's called Word . Similar to Uncut, covering music and films. Writers like David Hepworth, Mark Ellen and Andy Gill write for it.

I tend to pick it up at Easons or Virgin in Derry, but I've also seen it in WH Smiths on the Isle Of Man.

It has a cover mount CD every month with some very tasty stuff on it.

http://www.wordmagazine.co.uk/uploads/imgs/area1/octcover.jpg

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Sep 15 2005, 03:56 PM)
It's called Word . Similar to Uncut, covering music and films. Writers like David Hepworth, Mark Ellen and Andy Gill write for it.

I tend to pick it up at Easons or Virgin in Derry, but I've also seen it in WH Smiths on the Isle Of Man.

It has a cover mount CD every month with some very tasty stuff on it.

http://www.wordmagazine.co.uk/uploads/imgs/area1/octcover.jpg

An excellent magazine it is too!

Archived