Vital Signs vs New World Man

Texas King

Rush tracks clash:Vital Signs VS New World Man  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vital Signs vs New World Man

• Vital Signs
    • New World Man

I like New World Man okay...it's a fun little ditty.

But I think Vital Signs has much more weight to it...it's much more engaging, to my ears...and my whole body.

Vital Signs wins handily!

• Like 4

Vital Signs.

Nothing on Signals comes close to MP. HONESTLY. Even the songs I really love, Losing It or Countdown...not even slightly close.

Vital Signs is great. It is also my least favourite song of MP. But that's kind of like saying it's my least favourite Nightwish album. I love it tonnes!

• Like 3

New World Man was the first song I ever owned by Rush. From a compilation album, and before I connected them with so many other songs I liked. But I put the needle on that track often, it is an important song to my history with Rush.

Vital Signs is the better song.

• Like 1

Which of these Police-influenced tracks you like better?

For me New World Man is much better track. I'm not a fan of Vital Signs at all, and I think it's the weakest track on the album Moving Pictures.

Welcome to the board! Just so you know, Rush-related polls go in the Feedback forum. I'm moving your polls into there.

I love both songs. But "Vital Signs" is a very important song in the Rush repertoire. At the time, it really was a kick in the balls. It's as progressive as progressive can be.

Interesting. How do you define "progressive"? To me, VS isn't prog at all. Camera Eye, now THAT'S progressive! :)

I love both songs. But "Vital Signs" is a very important song in the Rush repertoire. At the time, it really was a kick in the balls. It's as progressive as progressive can be.

Interesting. How do you define "progressive"? To me, VS isn't prog at all. Camera Eye, now THAT'S progressive! :)

Progressive is moving forward and not relying on past accomplishments and expectations. Let's be honest, a lot of Prog rock is not progressive music.

• Like 1

If i recall correctly and thats a big if. nwm was their highest charting song? Out of all their songs that says something. ..

I recall the same thing.

As for my vote, I like Vital Signs a lot. Its a good strong song - although (with the exception of YYZ which I find not to have aged well at all for me) I find it to be the weakest song on MP.

New World Man however, a lot a great deal. Just find it to be slightly more enjoyable. So my vote goes to New World Man.

• Like 1

Vital Signs is so weird in a good way. Really love everything about it. New world man is a little too normal which is why it cracked the charts I guess. Btw, I just don't hear the police influence in either one.
  • Like 1

That's true. I could always use a good kick in the balls. Wait, I mean...screw it. I pick Vtal Signs too. :LOL:

Vital Signs. For the longest time I thought NWM was too poppy. Very un-Rush-like. I still don't like it as much as I like most of the other songs on Signals but I don't hate it.

There may have been slight horror in RushLand, hearing the blatant pop of New World Man on the radio for the first time. Fearful for the content of the next album. No Worries. Signals pushed all of my buttons in all the right places. Phewwww. And with that a growing fondness for the poptastic NWM: it rocks nicely in the choruses and was a great favourite live. Placed perfectly on side 2 after the near-chaos of The Weapon (did Neil break many sticks recording this track ?)

Vital Signs is a different beast altogether.

Loved it back then, still love it now. It's a bit kooky, it's fun, it's BRAVE. Neil's drumming on the track is fantastic.

Eat My Hat Stewart Copeland !

Everybody got to deviate from the Norm.

Love it :NP: :rush:

Edited by Wayne