Child in Time vs Red Barchetta

Texas King

Child in Time vs Red Barchetta  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Child in Time vs Red Barchetta

• Rush - Red Barchetta
    • Deep Purple - Child in Time

Which song do you prefer: one of the biggest Deep Purple songs or one of the biggest Rush songs?

I am a huge Rush fan(and also a huge DP fan), but my choice is Child in Time, by far! IMHO the big difference between these two songs is that Child in Time is a musical masterpiece, while Red Barchetta is one pretty good Rush track, nothing more than that.

• Like 1

It's kind of difficult to compare songs that don't have much in common. Child In Time is also way more popular, but on this forum affections probably sway more towards Red Barchetta, seeing as we're fans of Rush and all, and this is, imo, one of their best. A case could also be made as to why Red Barchetta is equally as masterful :)

I love both.

• Like 1

Ive never heard of the song Child in Time before, but pretty much any Rush song would win over DP in my book. And Red Barchetta is fantastic so it would be hard for any non-Rush song to beat it.
  • Like 1

Anyway, Child in Time is IMO in top 20 greatest rock songs of all time. Only Rush songs that can be a par to Child in Time are 2112 and Xanadu.

And I think the album Deep Purple in Rock is in top 15 rock albums of all time. And I also think Deep Purple is musically on a same level as Rush, with the equal musical quality. Rush is not a better band than Purple nor DP is better than Rush.

Edited by Texas King

Red Barchetta, a top 5 Rush song for me.

I was already very familiar with Bombay Calling, by It's a Beautiful Day before I heard Child in Time. DP have never hidden the fact that they borrowed from it, but I still can't hear Child in Time without hearing Bombay Calling. They changed around some of the notes in the melody line, but that just confuses my ear, and makes me think Jon Lord is hitting wrong notes, even though he isn't :LOL: I can't help it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEKg9qyEQmw