Hitler's meltdown over Neil Peart's retirement

YYZumbi

For the record, this was posted last December. A simple search of this section for the word "Hitler" found it easily enough.

http://www.therushfo...age__hl__hitler

I rarely use the search function to find Hitler...if ever

http://i.imgur.com/OMuT4.jpg

• Like 4

Classic! If they had waited for "Far and Wide" to be released, they would have had even more to work with. Like Neil wanting to call the last tour "Forty-One and Done!" or the story that he let his feet get wet riding before the Toronto shows that ignited a very painful fungal infection that apparently detracted from his performance (Geddy called night one "The worst experience I've ever had onstage".) Or the Rolling Stone photo shoot, where Neil was so uncomfortable having his photo taken, and trying but failing not to be difficult, that you can only imagine the tension in everyone around him. Or having a picture of his silver 1964 Jaguar E type and on the facing page homeless people living in cardboard boxes in LA (the larger bowl indeed.) Or continually referring to his drumming, and even lyric writing, in the past tense, at time stating "I'm done with that now."
  • Like 1

Classic! If they had waited for "Far and Wide" to be released, they would have had even more to work with. Like Neil wanting to call the last tour "Forty-One and Done!" or the story that he let his feet get wet riding before the Toronto shows that ignited a very painful fungal infection that apparently detracted from his performance (Geddy called night one "The worst experience I've ever had onstage".) Or the Rolling Stone photo shoot, where Neil was so uncomfortable having his photo taken, and trying but failing not to be difficult, that you can only imagine the tension in everyone around him. Or having a picture of his silver 1964 Jaguar E type and on the facing page homeless people living in cardboard boxes in LA (the larger bowl indeed.) Or continually referring to his drumming, and even lyric writing, in the past tense, at time stating "I'm done with that now."

Did he really say all that in his book?

Really not excited about any thread with 'Hitler' in the subject line. Especially not when relative to Neil Peart. Don't get it; don't want to. Not interested.

Just one guy's opinion.

• Like 1

Yup.

If anyone thinks Neil isn't really retired then they should read this book and they will change their minds.

• Like 1

Yup.

If anyone thinks Neil isn't really retired then they should read this book and they will change their minds.

So what happened with the Rolling Stone photographer?

Yup.

So what happened with the Rolling Stone photographer?

They simply rearranged the photo so that Neil would feel comfortable and the photo would still look good. (Which it did. The photo appears in the book at the intro to that section, and I didn't think twice about it.)

• Like 1

Really not excited about any thread with 'Hitler' in the subject line. Especially not when relative to Neil Peart. Don't get it; don't want to. Not interested.

Just one guy's opinion.

Yeah considering the bassists mom was a holocaust survivor..it just seems a bit out of place.

• Like 1