Men with earring(s)?

Chronos

I like the look of a stud or studs, post earring(s), or small hoop(s) on guys. Please no gauges or plugs, around here it's starting to be kind of an outdated look, which means the rest of the world probably gave up on them like 5 years ago . . . .
  • Like 2

Only in the left ear.

Fordgalaxy, I don't quite understand the rainbow/flag/symbol decoration that's apparently something new in your signature. However, I think it's beyond the limits of any kind of bad taste to have something with swastikas on it on the Forum for a band where the lead singer's mom is a Holocaust survivor. I would appreciate it if you would remove it from your signature. Thanks.

ETA: Thanks, Ford, for listening and removing this from your sig; I appreciate it.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 5

I had both mine done in 1985 and I continued to have them until 1996. Now they're all closed up. In the end I found them a nuisance. I just can't have extraneous items on my person anymore not earrings, bracelets, rings, watches, necklaces, shades none of that shit. My hair's enough trouble on it's own! Edited by treeduck
  • Like 3

I like the look of a stud or studs, post earring(s), or small hoop(s) on guys. Please no gauges or plugs, around here it's starting to be kind of an outdated look, which means the rest of the world probably gave up on them like 5 years ago . . . .

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the huge gauges/plugs either. When it's unclear whether or not that's a donut attached to your ear or the ear itself, then the hole is too big :LOL:

• Like 3

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the huge gauges/plugs either. When it's unclear whether or not that's a donut attached to your ear or the ear itself, then the hole is too big :LOL:

I always think the same thing when I see someone with one of those big ear holes. It's one of those fashions that should die. Reminds me of African natives.

• Like 1

Gauges can look stylish on a certain kind of guy, but that's so far removed from my subculture that I don't get to see it much or get to form an opinion on it at all.

A small hoop or stud(s) can be hot.

• Like 3

Only in the left ear.

http://manurevah.com/blah/images/normal/Confederate_Gay_Nazi_Flag.png

I get the image - combination of what some see when they think of the Confederate flag and what would upset many who use the flag, It kind of works here but as part of your signature? Hmmm, you trying too hard to shock maybe?

• Like 3

Mine is closed over. Haven't worn an earring in almost 30 years.

Same here but it's been around 25 years. For the record I am ok with a small tasteful diamond or something but it must have been mostly a passing fad because I don't see many guys with them anymore...
  • Like 2

I remember a lot of the stud and pierce thang around '90. I had mine then and so did most of my friends. It closed up years ago back in uni and I haven't bothered since.

I stopped wearing necklaces and bracelets a long time ago too. I think it'd have to be something really interesting for me to wear it and even then it'd have to be a bracelet, no necklaces. These days it's just a watch which is worn only during working hours and my wedding ring. Less is more.

Don't care what others wear.

• Like 2

Only in the left ear.

I get the image - combination of what some see when they think of the Confederate flag and what would upset many who use the flag, It kind of works here but as part of your signature? Hmmm, you trying too hard to shock maybe?

To FG's credit it wasn't in his sig for very long.

A Google search found articles like this one:

http://author.addict...swastika-audio/

• Like 1

Only in the left ear.

I wasn't trying to shock anyone. Simply making a statement about how easily some people get offended about a symbols or symbols. It's an equal opportunity that works for touchy Jews, touchy blacks, and touchy gays. Sort of a "catch-all", if you will. And it wasn't in my signature. Notice how it doesn't appear in this post? Sheesh.

• Like 3