What did you previously love that you now don't care for?

x1yyz

(That title is a bit awkward grammatically, isn't it? But I wanted to get the idea across in a short sentence!)

We've all had something that at one point we really loved, but for whatever reason, over time we came to no longer like it. What sorts of things has this happened with in your life?

Here's one for starters:

My ex-husband! :LOL:

Cigarettes. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bananafinger.gif
  • Like 3

Also, San Francisco. For years I loved The City and loved living there, especially when I was at the point in my life where I was DJing at clubs and going out multiple nights each week. Then my lifestyle changed and I gradually fell out of love and moved away. Now I hate it everytime I have to go back there, and that has extended to disliking urban environments in general. Edited by x1yyz
  • Like 1

Also, San Francisco. For years I loved The City and loved living there, especially when I was at the point in my life where I was DJing at clubs and going out multiple nights each week. Then my lifestyle changed and I gradually fell out of loved and moved away. Now I hate it everytime I have to go back there, and that has extended to disliking urban environments in general.

:(

Where do you live now (if you don't mind me asking)?

Also, San Francisco. For years I loved The City and loved living there, especially when I was at the point in my life where I was DJing at clubs and going out multiple nights each week. Then my lifestyle changed and I gradually fell out of loved and moved away. Now I hate it everytime I have to go back there, and that has extended to disliking urban environments in general.

:(

Where do you live now (if you don't mind me asking)?

Oakland, but in the hills, on the east side. (Not that far away, but a completely different feel here.)

League of Legends, the video game

It used to take up a huge part of my day; I used to watch streamers and competitive play. I used to theorycraft and read patch notes extensively. First I played a lot with friends and it was cool because friends but then I started playing solo in ranked matches a lot because I felt I'd completely surpassed them in skill, or wanted to show a higher rank, or something silly like that, and it killed my enjoyment for the game so thoroughly that now I can't get back into it even if it's just for unserious friendly play.

Myself. :o

You'll get over it....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Suave%20Banana.png

Edited by OldRUSHfan

I used to love getting drunk and/or stoned.

Then I grew up and started living. :sundog:

• Like 8

My sister...

...not that I'm certain that I even loved her in the first place. Well, I probably did af one point. But recently she's turned into a right d*ck. I'd rather not talk any more about her in case I put something I might regret.

Milk. I used to drink the stuff nonstop when I was little, but I had a glass of it today and nearly threw it up.

Bummer! I still LOVE THAT STUFF!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana-cow-hump.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Milk. I used to drink the stuff nonstop when I was little, but I had a glass of it today and nearly threw it up.

I had that same experience when I was about 7 or 8 years old

Haven't had it since, at least on its own

• Like 2

I won't say "technology", but I think I've lost most of the desire to keep up with it and be amazed by technology ... Much of that comes from working on cars everyday, and seeing all the so called advances that are incorporated simply to appease the lazy, inept and unmotivated ..

If you can't parallel park on your own, you shouldn't have a driver's license

This kind of thing is no longer fascinating

• Like 8

I won't say "technology", but I think I've lost most of the desire to keep up with it and be amazed by technology ... Much of that comes from working on cars everyday, and seeing all the so called advances that are incorporated simply to appease the lazy, inept and unmotivated ..

If you can't parallel park on your own, you shouldn't have a driver's license

This kind of thing is no longer fascinating

To be honest, I look forward to driverless automated cars but I worry that it'll basically obsolesce driving as a passion and activity (especially if driving is outlawed to basically remove traffic accidents). Just as I was starting to enjoy it and "get" why car culture is a thing. Not only that, but being a passenger in a car that is driven with care by another person is a joy. The future generation might just never have that.

..... but being a passenger in a car that is driven with care by another person is a joy.

Except for when the person is driving way too slow........ ;) ;)

..... but being a passenger in a car that is driven with care by another person is a joy.

Except for when the person is driving way too slow........ ;) ;)

That is true, haha

My sister.

Not sure I ever had a chance to like her as she is not kind. But...I hate saying this...she has proven I me that blood is not a reason to sustain a bond.

• Like 1

My sister.

Not sure I ever had a chance to like her as she is not kind. But...I hate saying this...she has proven I me that blood is not a reason to sustain a bond.

I would nearly make a statement that harsh about my own. She's also far from kind, thoughtful, or ethical. I know how it goes.