What did you previously love that you now don't care for?

x1yyz

Various food and drink. Some are ok these days while others seem gross...

- velvet cake

- Vienna sausage

- Taco Bell

- cup noodle

- Malibu rum

- screwdrivers

Red Velvet Cake is ok, vienna sausage is cool when you make it with that bbq sauce stuff, Taco Bell is still GREAT, Cup o' noodles, well, you might as well make regular soup with whatever meat or veggie flavoring agent, and just empty an entire salt shaker full of salt into it with the angel hair noodles. At least in all the brands I've tried around here, in southern Michigan, they add so much sodium to them that I can't stand them anymore....there is a Chinese grocery store I've found in Ann Arbor where the brand they sell doesn't over do the sodium. gotta go there and get some. I don't touch Maruchan(?) brand anymore....Can't drink alcohol anymore in any great amount, because of diabetes meds. I MISS Fuzzy navels....and Jack 'n' Coke(zero)!

:banana:

I used to love Big Macs. The last time I had one (which was probably a dozen years ago, back when I still ate meat) it just tasted nasty. The only time I've been back to McDonald's since then was years ago to get fries and a Diet Coke.
  • Like 1

I used to love Big Macs. The last time I had one (which was probably a dozen years ago, back when I still ate meat) it just tasted nasty. The only time I've been back to McDonald's since then was years ago to get fries and a Diet Coke.

I've loved plenty of junk food (still love some) but surprisingly I've never even tried a Big Mac. It's always looked gross to me....all that nasty sauce oozing out when people bite down.

• Like 1

I've loved plenty of junk food (still love some) but surprisingly I've never even tried a Big Mac. It's always looked gross to me....all that nasty sauce oozing out when people bite down.

It a thousand island dressing and bread sandwich. The 'meat' is just an afterthought.

It a thousand island dressing and bread sandwich. The 'meat' is just an afterthought.

That's what I've been told but I've never liked that dressing anyway. Maybe it's the bigness of the double fake meat combined with the dripping thousand island crap that make them seem nasty. But it's Mickey D's --- it's not hard to be grossed out there.

And on that note, I used to love Mickey D's as a kid.

Me too!

Last one I had was the most unsatisfying meal I've ever had.

• Like 2

You should have reported the store. It was the culprit in the bad taste of the sandwich.

I've loved Big Macs ever since I ate one back in the early '70s. The sauce isn't nasty either, you just may have an aversion to thousand island-like dressings[but the dressing is NOT Thousand Island, I looked it up on one of those recipe sites]

It's two 'regular' sized beef patties in a triple bun arrangement, includes cheese, chopped onions, pickles and sesame seeds on the bun. If you weren't impressed by the beef, that's a subjective call on your part, and every Big Mac I've experienced has been up to company standards, and delicious! I first wife worked on and off at various McD's in this area, and when we were first dating, and she was on Close shift, I got a LOT of McD's food for FREE. None of it was EVER bad. sometimes at bit cool, but never bad. The first burger I ever had was a regular McDonald's burger, and I like it, as well as the regular cheese burger, which was my favorite until the double cheese burger was introduced. The Quarter Pounder with Cheese, [or ROYALE with cheese if you're from France] I liked better because of the bigger pieces of chopped onions on them. I've sampled just about all of their stuff over the years, and NONE of it was prepared badly. If you report a specific store, McD's Corporate takes that stuff VERY seriously. After that, it's up to the Manager's discretion, and they'll get FIRED pretty quickly if the situation isn't adressed quickly. I've seen two different Arby's shut down by the local FDA or whomever does that crap, and lots of other stores also. NEVER HAD A McDonalds shut down in this area. So talk all the sh*t you want, but the food industry it pretty well run these days if you have the patience to let the 'watchers' do their thing, and DROP the ELITEST attitude and actually LISTEN to the commercials and see the blurb at the restaurants, they do what they say they will, and the rest is up to YOUR TASTES. LOL

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/PBJ%20time%20banana.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Some bands previously appreciated;

Playing drums (since many years ago I prefer guitar);

Singing;

Drinking heavily (nowadays I drink half of what I used to);

Chocolate;

Meat, chicken, ham, non-vegan sausages and whatever related to that;

Some old friends that no longer are in my life and don't care about me; :huh:

Most parties;

The town I was born at;

Extreme sports;

Indi clothes;

High heels (I use shoes until a medium measure, not too high anymore);

Light colors;

Gold or golden stuff.

Edited by rhyv

You should have reported the store. It was the culprit in the bad taste of the sandwich.

I've loved Big Macs ever since I ate one back in the early '70s. The sauce isn't nasty either, you just may have an aversion to thousand island-like dressings[but the dressing is NOT Thousand Island, I looked it up on one of those recipe sites]

It's two 'regular' sized beef patties in a triple bun arrangement, includes cheese, chopped onions, pickles and sesame seeds on the bun. If you weren't impressed by the beef, that's a subjective call on your part, and every Big Mac I've experienced has been up to company standards, and delicious! I first wife worked on and off at various McD's in this area, and when we were first dating, and she was on Close shift, I got a LOT of McD's food for FREE. None of it was EVER bad. sometimes at bit cool, but never bad. The first burger I ever had was a regular McDonald's burger, and I like it, as well as the regular cheese burger, which was my favorite until the double cheese burger was introduced. The Quarter Pounder with Cheese, [or ROYALE with cheese if you're from France] I liked better because of the bigger pieces of chopped onions on them. I've sampled just about all of their stuff over the years, and NONE of it was prepared badly. If you report a specific store, McD's Corporate takes that stuff VERY seriously. After that, it's up to the Manager's discretion, and they'll get FIRED pretty quickly if the situation isn't adressed quickly. I've seen two different Arby's shut down by the local FDA or whomever does that crap, and lots of other stores also. NEVER HAD A McDonalds shut down in this area. So talk all the sh*t you want, but the food industry it pretty well run these days if you have the patience to let the 'watchers' do their thing, and DROP the ELITEST attitude and actually LISTEN to the commercials and see the blurb at the restaurants, they do what they say they will, and the rest is up to YOUR TASTES. LOL

You haven't read Fast Food Nation, have you?

anything that i loved in middle school. what comes to mind is Guns N' Roses. I can't stand Axl's voice anymore.
  • Like 2

oh and mac and cheese, or pasta in general really. i used to make mac and cheese all the time with my friend but since she's moved away i don't make it nearly as much. i used to always crave pasta and now i rarely do but i'll still eat some fettuccini if my mom makes it lol.

You haven't read Fast Food Nation, have you?

Yup. My son bought it for me after seeing the TV special on it. Have I said anything about the nutrition or healthiness of it? Nope. Just that I like it. I have McDonalds about maybe 3 times a YEAR. I can cook a better tasting sammich than ANY fast food place can make. And TASTE is KING in this matter!

:banana:

Also, San Francisco. For years I loved The City and loved living there, especially when I was at the point in my life where I was DJing at clubs and going out multiple nights each week. Then my lifestyle changed and I gradually fell out of love and moved away. Now I hate it everytime I have to go back there, and that has extended to disliking urban environments in general.

Same here. It's a matter of degrees, and the crowding - and the expense - in SF has gotten to the point that it's no longer enjoyable.

Of course, in two weeks I will meet my bro in law in SF for the weekend! UW Huskies play the Cal Bears at Berkley, and he wants to stay in the City. Going to Original Joes

anything that i loved in middle school. what comes to mind is Guns N' Roses. I can't stand Axl's voice anymore.

Same boat here. Minus Sweet Child of Mine, which is a stone cold classic.

I used to love getting drunk and/or stoned.

Then I grew up and started living. :sundog:

Oh yes, this. For too many years of my life my weekends were all about getting drunk. Now I can't even remember the last time I was drunk ... probably at least six years ago. I still enjoy drinking wine and beer, but stop as soon as I feel anything from it.

I used to do some serious drinking in my early to mid twenties. I mean, a case of beer in a night kind of drinking. Then something happened to me. The hangovers got worse, and the recovery took longer. Hangovers occurred with less drinking. Around the time I turned 30, I decided it wasn't worth feeling like shit the next day, so I stopped drinking large quantities. I still like to drink in moderation, but I rarely have more than 2 drinks in an evening. I've known my wife for 16 years, and she has seen me drunk once, and that was on our wedding night. All my buddies kept bringing me Tanqueray and tonics all night. I think I drank 20 of them, but only went to the bar once! The plane ride out to Maui the next day wasn't fun. :LOL:

:LOL:

Agreed with the hangover thing. A couple of drinks is more than enough...

...usually. A special sports event can be an exception, but that extends the drinking over a long period of time.

• Like 1

Clubbing. And staying out late (until 2, 3, 4 am and beyond). Sleeping until noon.

Same here. And I feel kinda young to be saying that.

I had my two years of craziness, I guess

• Like 1

Clubbing. And staying out late (until 2, 3, 4 am and beyond). Sleeping until noon.

I remember coming home when the sun was coming up many times. Now, if I'm not asleep by midnight on the weekend, I feel like crap the next day! :codger:
  • Like 1

Are you Amish?

• Like 2

I remember coming home when the sun was coming up many times. Now, if I'm not asleep by midnight on the weekend, I feel like crap the next day! :codger:

:yes:

And the whole next day is wasted.

• Like 2

:yes:

And the whole next day is wasted.

You guys spent your hangovers differently from me. I'd spend the day cleaning the house. Nothing heavy duty, just all the easy stuff like vacuuming, laundry, etc. I wouldn't cook though. Just take out food and watch a DVD and get smokey. Don't do the take out or smokety-smoke-smoke anymore and rarely do I have hangovers, no debilitating hangovers anyway. Then again when I was an herb guy I pretty much never drank a lot, a couple of drinks max

• Like 1

Are you Amish?

Oh, I can sympathize, actually...I reached that point at the age of 24- but I'd had twelve years of similar craziness, at that point.

Marajuana also

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Dead%20banana.gif