Live From The Rabbit Hole

TFEman

I have thoughts of frustration seeing that the Presto footage was cut instead of giving us the whole show. I guess they wanted to keep the remaining for another cd,dvd package to get more money from us

I think that's the last we're going to see of any Presto Tour footage, but then I've always considered that to be the mid-life crisis tour.

The set of non-Presto songs and the performances in general weren't very inspiring to me.

No way to prove this, but I think when Neil went back to school at some point after the tour ended could have been an indication that there needed to find more inspiration on a more consistent basis.

At this point the band weren't sure of touring anymore, and I think you can really tell by watching the footage. Don't get me wrong, the performances were good, but it was more just going through the motions then some other tours. Even their newer stuff could have been a little more energetic then they were, listening to Presto songs performed on other tours there is a spark of life to it which is somewhat missing on tour as well, which is sad because the same can be said for the actual studio recordings.

That being said, Scars came off SUPER well, with the special effects, the performances, and really just everything. The band seemed to enjoy playing it as well. In my opinion the entire highlight of the tour was this song.

I have thoughts of frustration seeing that the Presto footage was cut instead of giving us the whole show. I guess they wanted to keep the remaining for another cd,dvd package to get more money from us

I think that's the last we're going to see of any Presto Tour footage, but then I've always considered that to be the mid-life crisis tour.

The set of non-Presto songs and the performances in general weren't very inspiring to me.

No way to prove this, but I think when Neil went back to school at some point after the tour ended could have been an indication that there needed to find more inspiration on a more consistent basis.

At this point the band weren't sure of touring anymore, and I think you can really tell by watching the footage. Don't get me wrong, the performances were good, but it was more just going through the motions then some other tours. Even their newer stuff could have been a little more energetic then they were, listening to Presto songs performed on other tours there is a spark of life to it which is somewhat missing on tour as well, which is sad because the same can be said for the actual studio recordings.

That being said, Scars came off SUPER well, with the special effects, the performances, and really just everything. The band seemed to enjoy playing it as well. In my opinion the entire highlight of the tour was this song.

The Presto songs are usually the highlight of the show. The guys in the band say they had fun on that tour. I'm glad they did.

It just didn't seem like it a lot of the time to me.

• Like 1

This vid is Mountain Views (or A View From The Mountain, I forget which one is which)

Funny how this was another exciting rush concert for me -not knowing that MV was about to be enshrined-

Edited by daveyt

Superconductor, Scars, Show Don't Tell, The Pass all came across really well... for me the one I enjoyed the most was War Paint, I thought that was just rockin' live.

Also loved the ending to Superconductor. I have a compilation Rush CD I put together a few years ago and all the tracks are live versions and this footage just reminded me how much better (for me personally) I enjoy "Live Rush" over "Studio Rush". Brilliant.

• Like 2

My copy that I pre-ordered was supposed to come on release date and now is being delayed until monday or tuesday, and I REALLY want to see Scars pro shot with professional sound/visual quality. I heard that each song fades in and out, is this true? That seems to be kind of awkward, oh well I can just rip the dvd and segue the audio together and make a little mini concert CD so that shouldn't be an issue.

Scars is one of my favorite songs off of Presto, but the live version sounds terrible. Not the playing, the vocals. They had a clip in the background that Geddy couldn't keep in sync with, all the while every time you heard "Scars of pain" it would repeat "pain" in the background like "p-p-p-p-pain-pain-pain" and honestly it sounded more like a garbage hip-hop or rap song than a prog rock song. Sorry to break it to you, but I honestly hated it.

My copy that I pre-ordered was supposed to come on release date and now is being delayed until monday or tuesday, and I REALLY want to see Scars pro shot with professional sound/visual quality. I heard that each song fades in and out, is this true? That seems to be kind of awkward, oh well I can just rip the dvd and segue the audio together and make a little mini concert CD so that shouldn't be an issue.

Scars is one of my favorite songs off of Presto, but the live version sounds terrible. Not the playing, the vocals. They had a clip in the background that Geddy couldn't keep in sync with, all the while every time you heard "Scars of pain" it would repeat "pain" in the background like "p-p-p-p-pain-pain-pain" and honestly it sounded more like a garbage hip-hop or rap song than a prog rock song. Sorry to break it to you, but I honestly hated it.

I always thought that was just Geddy being g-g-g-g-goofy. (Sometimes there are technical problems with that stuff, but that is the way it was done live in this case.)

I always thought that was just Geddy being g-g-g-g-goofy. (Sometimes there are technical problems with that stuff, but that is the way it was done live in this case.)

Yeah it probably was but it just sounded terrible in my opinion.

The Presto songs are usually the highlight of the show. The guys in the band say they had fun on that tour. I'm glad they did.

It just didn't seem like it a lot of the time to me.

Wow... it's funny about different perspectives.

I actually thought that on my first tour (HYF) they were just going through the motions, even though I enjoyed the hell out of that show. Whereas the Presto shows I saw had WAY more energy and the band seemed more into it. Mid-life crisis or not... wow. :)

Scars is prog rock :huh:

Scars is prog rock :huh:

The song itself is, yes, but with all of the skipping sound effects it sounds more like a ©rap song than a prog rock song the way they performed it live on the Presto Tour.

• Like 1