62 replies to this topic

#61 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6471 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:37 AM

View Posttony990, on 31 December 2016 - 02:43 PM, said:

View Postytserush, on 30 December 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

View Posttony990, on 30 December 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

View PostRangerXT, on 20 November 2016 - 11:27 PM, said:

My copy that I pre-ordered was supposed to come on release date and now is being delayed until monday or tuesday, and I REALLY want to see Scars pro shot with professional sound/visual quality. I heard that each song fades in and out, is this true? That seems to be kind of awkward, oh well I can just rip the dvd and segue the audio together and make a little mini concert CD so that shouldn't be an issue.

Scars is one of my favorite songs off of Presto, but the live version sounds terrible. Not the playing, the vocals. They had a clip in the background that Geddy couldn't keep in sync with, all the while every time you heard "Scars of pain" it would repeat "pain" in the background like "p-p-p-p-pain-pain-pain" and honestly it sounded more like a garbage hip-hop or rap song than a prog rock song. Sorry to break it to you, but I honestly hated it.

I always thought that was just Geddy being g-g-g-g-goofy. (Sometimes there are technical problems with that stuff, but that is the way it was done live in this case.)

Yeah it probably was but it just sounded terrible in my opinion.

Scars is prog rock :huh:

Sponsored Post

#62 tony990

tony990

The Seeker

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer/football, and music (Rush and Dream Theater are my favorites)

Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:43 PM

View PostGabrielgil513, on 02 January 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

View Posttony990, on 31 December 2016 - 02:43 PM, said:

View Postytserush, on 30 December 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

View Posttony990, on 30 December 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

View PostRangerXT, on 20 November 2016 - 11:27 PM, said:

My copy that I pre-ordered was supposed to come on release date and now is being delayed until monday or tuesday, and I REALLY want to see Scars pro shot with professional sound/visual quality. I heard that each song fades in and out, is this true? That seems to be kind of awkward, oh well I can just rip the dvd and segue the audio together and make a little mini concert CD so that shouldn't be an issue.

Scars is one of my favorite songs off of Presto, but the live version sounds terrible. Not the playing, the vocals. They had a clip in the background that Geddy couldn't keep in sync with, all the while every time you heard "Scars of pain" it would repeat "pain" in the background like "p-p-p-p-pain-pain-pain" and honestly it sounded more like a garbage hip-hop or rap song than a prog rock song. Sorry to break it to you, but I honestly hated it.

I always thought that was just Geddy being g-g-g-g-goofy. (Sometimes there are technical problems with that stuff, but that is the way it was done live in this case.)

Yeah it probably was but it just sounded terrible in my opinion.

Scars is prog rock :huh:

The song itself is, yes, but with all of the skipping sound effects it sounds more like a ©rap song than a prog rock song the way they performed it live on the Presto Tour.

#63 Wil1972

Wil1972

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1438 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:59 AM

Scars live paved the way for the rapping in Roll the Bones. For some reason they thought that was a good idea. One of the worst decisions ever by Rush.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Presto tour, R40 tour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users